Starting a new business

i have been out of work for six weeks and thinking about starting my own web design business i have created a site obviously it is not finished i would like your

opinions and view on what it looks like. i will take on board your help advice and critiscms on board thhanks http://www.webdezigneyre.co.uk

i have been out of work for six weeks and thinking about starting my own web design business i have created a site obviously it is not finished i would like your

opinions and view on what it looks like. i will take on board your help advice and critiscms on board thhanks http://www.webdezigneyre.co.uk

Check your grammar, punctuation, spaces between full stops and capital letters etc etc. I looked at it briefly, and if I was a potential customer, I would be, to borrow a quote from your site "leaving the site with no likelihood of return"

For example "This is why i create websites that is user friendly". Poor grammar, and no full stop.

This is your shop window for potential customers, and it smacks of a lack of attention to detail.

Sorry to be harsh, but you did ask.

Michael,

so you have been off work for 6 weeks and decided to be a designer or you have experience in it already?

Not sure what mobile responsiveness you can offer to your clients if your own website not ready for that?

Probably good idea to inform your potential clients what sort of websites you offer (static, CMS, E-commerce etc.) ?

also what Smithy266 said.

good luck in your new venture :)

Hi pcmick.

I am not wanting to be too critical of you, but I have looked at your website on my phone and can't think of a positive so its only criticism. I think I could knock up something better in an hour or two on my phone, and I'm poor at web design.

People I know who have succeeded in the business of web design have had multiple skills, such as graphic designer, coder, proof reader, database designer, web site optimisation, salesman, author, illustrator.

Check your grammar, punctuation, spaces between full stops and capital letters etc etc. I looked at it briefly, and if I was a potential customer, I would be, to borrow a quote from your site "leaving the site with no likelihood of return"

For example "This is why i create websites that is user friendly". Poor grammar, and no full stop.

This is your shop window for potential customers, and it smacks of a lack of attention to detail.

Sorry to be harsh, but you did ask.

...and the fact that the errors have still not been corrected would suggest a lack of response to customer needs!

Hi pcmick.

I am not wanting to be too critical of you, but I have looked at your website on my phone and can't think of a positive so its only criticism. I think I could knock up something better in an hour or two on my phone, and I'm poor at web design.

People I know who have succeeded in the business of web design have had multiple skills, such as graphic designer, coder, proof reader, database designer, web site optimisation, salesman, author, illustrator.

I have to agree but I suspect the OP won't be back as they haven't changed anything since their first post. I suspect they thought web design seemed like a good idea and have now realised its not as simple as they thought.

But I could be wrong. If the OP is serious then I suggest learning a lot more about it first. Try practising.

I'm start a degree top-up course in September but I knew I was seriously out of practise so I have been setting myself some briefs. Why not do the same?

For example if you see a website and think its poor why not think what you could do to make it better. Look at their competitors, find out what the company does. Research is key.

If you really want to make a go out of it think about getting some proper training. Or at the very least practise and read about it online. So many good resources out there.