Cheapest petrol in sheffielf atm

Depends if you're filling up or not.

50 litres will be £5 cheaper at Hillsborough for a 5 mile return trip

Not a trip I would make to save a fiver, but I take your point.

Not a trip I would make to save a fiver, but I take your point.

I never used to shop around for petrol as prices were very rarely more than a couple of pence difference.

This has changed dramatically over the past few months for some reason.

I don't go out of my way to find cheaper petrol, I'm more aware of the prices as I drive around.

Been warned to steer clear of Morrisons,Tesco and Asda petrol station due to too much silicone or something like that (by two separate mechanics). Sainsbury's was advised for price and quality of product.

Edited by jon&emma

Depends if you're filling up or not.

50 litres will be £5 cheaper at Hillsborough for a 5 mile return trip

I never used to shop around for petrol as prices were very rarely more than a couple of pence difference.

This has changed dramatically over the past few months for some reason.

I don't go out of my way to find cheaper petrol, I'm more aware of the prices as I drive around.

There's a trade off, obviously. You'd need to work out:

a. how much cheaper a non-local petrol station's stuff is;

b. how much you'd save by buying there; and

c. how much of that saving you'd spend on getting there & back.

There's a trade off, obviously. You'd need to work out:

a. how much cheaper a non-local petrol station's stuff is;

b. how much you'd save by buying there; and

c. how much of that saving you'd spend on getting there & back.

As I said, I never go out of my way to look for cheaper petrol, I choose the cheapest on my usual routes so I can't lose.

Costco premium diesel is currently 109.9, asda at Manor Top is 115.9 for standard diesel. At branded petrol stations you're looking at approx 135.9 for premium diesel. So you're saving at least 6p a litre, potentially as much as 26p a litre. That's worth driving a distance for.

Costco are usually cheaper, previously they've been 10p lower than most places in the city.

Rotherham Tesco was abit cheaper than most places in Sheffield last time I was there as well.

Never known tesco at Rotherham to be cheaper than places in Sheffield. Asda up road from here twnds to always be cheaper than there, as is sai sainsburys at meadowhell

Costco premium diesel is currently 109.9, asda at Manor Top is 115.9 for standard diesel. At branded petrol stations you're looking at approx 135.9 for premium diesel. So you're saving at least 6p a litre, potentially as much as 26p a litre. That's worth driving a distance for.

Is Costco petrol for its members only?

---------- Post added 17-05-2017 at 17:45 ----------

Been warned to steer clear of Morrisons,Tesco and Asda petrol station due to too much silicone or something like that (by two separate mechanics).

But why is that? Supermarkets do not refine the petrol that they sell. It's supplied by the branded petrol distributors in just the same way as branded petrol is.

Is Costco petrol for its members only?

Yes I believe you need to scan the membership card before the pump activates (the one in Sheffield is self-serve only)

If you could borrow a mates card you can scan that and fill up though?

Been warned to steer clear of Morrisons,Tesco and Asda petrol station due to too much silicone or something like that (by two separate mechanics). Sainsbury's was advised for price and quality of product.

Yep, that's not true!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice/fuelling-the-debate-is-supermarket-fuel-ok-to-use-in-your-car/amp/

Morrisons at Catcliffe were selling petrol for £1.11 yesterday.