Mental health and depression

I'd just like it to stop now. The constant abuse and shaming of my illness they won't though as this entertainment for them. The people here are renowned for extreme narrow minded views and discrimination, it's nothing new. They notice trends- local youths shout spit and throw items at this one individual who walks places but wears shorts in anytype of weather. Instead of leaving the guy to it they abuse him. One guy who rides a bike that has learning difficulties is also a target to these people. So you can imagine that having a mental health condition isn't going to go down with thsee people. It isn't just youth either, grown adults seem to take pleasure at laughing sniggering and pointing at people who are different in this community. The village also had a bookwrote about it.

Yes I'm getting help with my aspergers. I will take a look at the book.

I'd just like it to stop now. The constant abuse and shaming of my illness they won't though as this entertainment for them. The people here are renowned for extreme narrow minded views and discrimination, it's nothing new. They notice trends- local youths shout spit and throw items at this one individual who walks places but wears shorts in anytype of weather. Instead of leaving the guy to it they abuse him. One guy who rides a bike that has learning difficulties is also a target to these people. So you can imagine that having a mental health condition isn't going to go down with thsee people. It isn't just youth either, grown adults seem to take pleasure at laughing sniggering and pointing at people who are different in this community. The village also had a bookwrote about it.

Only cowards attack theses who can't fight back. I knew a guy who had Aspergers had similar problems with people we don't seem to live in a fair or justice society anymore.

I think you need some help with this. It's not acceptable, it's a hate crime. Can you not get some support from the police, or social worker, or mental health team?

I'm so sorry some people can be so cruel. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I have told many people what is happening. I've had mixed responses but it feels to me that people know it's happening but to make it easier on me they say 'it's not aimed at you' or 'its your paranoid state of mind'. I don't believe it as I've had many encounters with people out in public that act strange or pass comments about me. One ship keeper ( or petrol station attendant) refused to serve me instead she walked off and in doing so gave me a nasty comment. My brother used to visit a lot every weekend and coax me out the house after having long periods in isolation. When I used to go out in the car I never got out anywhere instead I'd sit and wait for him to return (another problem I developed). People here and in the area quickly realised this (like I said before they notice trends especially if you're on their radar) and started to mock this and let others know. One time we were at a local shopping parade near to where I live, I had a group of girls say as clear as day "that's that lad who can't get out of car, weirdo" then proceeded to take a photo for the fun and walk off laughing.

When I worked for the company down in hastings- I used the company van to come back for Christmas that got damaged by someone... it feels like they want to keep me in this situation.

The current things that are being said about me and have been said and shouted in the past -(these are things to keep me down and suppressed. Havin zero hope to gain any quality of life around here in 's Yorkshire ) he's gay and has aids(I'm not gay and i don't have aids ) he's a perv (nope) he's a peepin tom ( again voyeruism isn't my thing )he's dead (no I'm still here....oh and the one thing that is most damaging than everything else, I'm apprently untrustworthy and a thief. Im as genuine as they come :)

I'm learning a lot about the power of words and the hate that is being produced by society today.

I have contacted police. They aren't interested. I also told them that youths are free to deAl drugs outside the swimming baths at night without police patrols. Police don't patrol here that much. I contacted police commissioer and he was sorry to hear but again asked me to seek medical help? Why? When I am being harassed and stalked by locals.

I don't know the answer. I'd love to name these people and the place but I can't!

I know it's a hate crime, half the village are guilty of it. The village has struck headlines over the past 1 or 2 news got as far as Australia . Murders of war veteran's rape disabled guy in his bed beaten to death...

Sorry for my grammar it's not that good I know.

---------- Post added 17-05-2017 at 19:33 ----------

I made it easy for them to ruin my life up to this point...I blame my self for not trying to get out earlier when I felt half right.. now I feel better and more confident in my dslef I very much doubt I'd go back to those days I used to live.

The fact that I have no friends and that everyone bad mouthed me gives those that did it or do it an easier time to create a bigger following (I've realised ) as there's no one or has been nobody to counter their lies. I've lost many years to this. I think they must think that I enjoyed those years I lived. Not leaving a house for over a year? Yea I definitely enjoyed that. .I'm started to not care about what they say or think. It means nothing to me anyway!they mean nothing! Along with those that join in or believe something that a third party says without actually knowing a person. Those people aren't my type of people :)

Edited by Reilly

My apologies if this is not allowed but I thought it would be a good idea with mental health week coming up. Myself and my speaking colleagues are holding a speaking event to help people.

If you or are somebody you know is looking for some positive changes in your life. Then this event is for you. Myself and my other speaking colleagues will be talking about the importance of having a healthy mindset and we will be sharing strategies on how you can achieve a healthy mindset so that you can live a life on your terms. It's going to be an amazing event. Tickets are only £10 and all proceeds from this event are being donated to the Pdsa animal charity. You can find the event on the Eventbrite website under the name Mindset masters.

My apologies if this is not allowed but I thought it would be a good idea with mental health week coming up. Myself and my speaking colleagues are holding a speaking event to help people.

If you or are somebody you know is looking for some positive changes in your life. Then this event is for you. Myself and my other speaking colleagues will be talking about the importance of having a healthy mindset and we will be sharing strategies on how you can achieve a healthy mindset so that you can live a life on your terms. It's going to be an amazing event. Tickets are only £10 and all proceeds from this event are being donated to the Pdsa animal charity. You can find the event on the Eventbrite website under the name Mindset masters.

Didn't you think donating the proceeds to a mental health charity might be more appropriate?

Carol Vordaman and Stan Colleymore have come out now with their problems,where's all this come from?was it about in the 70s?Is it people hit a problem in life and get depressed its seems massive with how many people seem to suffer from it.

People need to understand that mood can be affected by circumstances while Depression is an illness where the sufferer has little control or influence over. I've yet to hear someone with an arthritic foot to be told to walk it off.

There may be more instances of depression reported now but this is because more people are more likely to complain. Especially men. It is still seen as a sign of weakness and sufferers don't get the same compassion. The main cause of death of men between 29 and 40 is suicide. It's a pity they saw this as the only option rather than seeking help.

Didn't you think donating the proceeds to a mental health charity might be more appropriate?

Thinking just the same Bob.

Will you or anyone speaking have any experience of Mental Health? Will there be any trained medical professionals there?

Will you or anyone speaking have any experience of Mental Health? Will there be any trained medical professionals there?

going by this book probably not if its the same sort of thing:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mindset-Masters-Achieve-Anything-Anywhere/dp/1482536609

heres more info:- https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mindset-masters-tickets-34328373088?aff=eac2

Edited by dangerousedd

It's probably related. What's a ' Global Thought Leader '?

It's probably related. What's a ' Global Thought Leader '?

Stating the bleeding obvious for a tenner.

And I wouldn't give the PDSA a penny. Nasty set of <removed>.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS