The character of Sheffield people

Haha - my son lives there now and I think he would agree with you. :hihi:

Leeds lives in the shadow of Manchester and London and has a very heavy and fatty chip on it's shoulder.

Funny that. I lived in Leeds 20 years ago. The birth is very different south of it I understood. I lived on the n side. I found the people really very straightforward, outgoing, friendly.

You mentioned being proud of being from Sheffield. Why?

Welcome to Sheffield!

I really think the people of Sheffield are the most welcoming in the country. Being born and bred in Sheffield is what I and many others are proud of. You can have a chat with anyone anywhere which is lovely. :)

Sheffield was a heavy industrial city which meant most people were workers with only a few at the top running things. It didn't have the large middle class that cities like Manchester or Leeds had

Utter tosh.

---------- Post added 16-07-2018 at 17:45 ----------

Sorry, bit harsh. Stand by it though.

Sheffield has a higher percentage of privately owned homes than Manchester & Leeds, less percentage of social housing. We have the wealthier suburbs. Not many realize these facts. That`s down mainly to the media. If it was the other way round, everyone would know.

Take time out to have a walk round pagehall and Darnall and a few council estates that will give you an idea of what to expect

Like I said, depends on the definition.

Sheffield centre to Redmires reservoir - 6.7 miles - 2hrs 25 mins

Manchester centre to Worsley (Start of large mossland & woodland) - 6.8 miles - 2 hrs 16 mins

Is that walking? 2hrs 25 to Redmires seems a long time.

Its been a while since I posted it but I think it was. Although its all uphill to Redmires!

Take time out to have a walk round pagehall and Darnall and a few council estates that will give you an idea of what to expect

The thing is that in many north west areas of the U.K, everything resembles what you describe. Sheffield is by no means perfect, but it at least offers choices, a lot is made of it’s close proximity to the Peak District, I walk in it every morning and invariably never see another sole, which suits me fine. ;)

The thing is that in many north west areas of the U.K, everything resembles what you describe. Sheffield is by no means perfect, but it at least offers choices, a lot is made of it’s close proximity to the Peak District, I walk in it every morning and invariably never see another sole, which suits me fine. ;)

Are there many loose soles from shoes on the walk ? :hihi:

Are there many loose soles from shoes on the walk ? :hihi:

Groan, stick to nursing Trish. :hihi: