Grimesthorpe Boys' Club

I was at Keith's (Plum) funeral along with a number of old lads from the late 50's and early 60's Alf Webster, Barry Whittingham Harry Gath to name a few

---------- Post added 14-05-2017 at 20:18 ----------

Glad you liked the book only got 17 left may have to re- print

---------- Post added 14-05-2017 at 20:29 ----------

Can anyone who wen club remember Harry Storey and know where he lives now moved off Popple Street

My stepdad and uncle was in grimesthorpe boys club,

Michael Flanagan and Patrick Flanagan (Pat the Cat)

I was wondering if I could get hold of 2 copies of the book ??

This thread brings back some memories ! was a regular before leaving school in 72.everybody crowding into the back room to watch top of the pops,then onto the table tennis and snooker tables,i was in the footy team, the vikings,green shirts and black shorts at the time.i'm sure we had an advantage playing on winco hill,the opposition were always done in by the time they made the top,we got used to it,team mates were barry renwick,steve goodhall,tony gill,to name a few.one trip stands out,going to nash court in wales ,all of us crammed into lucy,seemed to take forever.Was well worth it though ,it was a sports complex,set in countryside.Days out fishing then into the local town to sample the local cider and the lasses !!

Hi Kirk44

I too was a member in the late 60’s/70’s and very interested in purchasing the book from you. Please let me know contact details etc.

many thanks 

best wishes

Jack

On 07/12/2017 at 16:16, bothamlad said:

This thread brings back some memories ! was a regular before leaving school in 72.everybody crowding into the back room to watch top of the pops,then onto the table tennis and snooker tables,i was in the footy team, the vikings,green shirts and black shorts at the time.i'm sure we had an advantage playing on winco hill,the opposition were always done in by the time they made the top,we got used to it,team mates were barry renwick,steve goodhall,tony gill,to name a few.one trip stands out,going to nash court in wales ,all of us crammed into lucy,seemed to take forever.Was well worth it though ,it was a sports complex,set in countryside.Days out fishing then into the local town to sample the local cider and the lasses !!

I remember Shepton Mallet with the outdoor swimming pool and one day Plum crashing Lucy through a wall in the Peak District...still have the scars on my fingers!!

On 08/05/2017 at 21:02, Kirk44 said:

Hi Just completed a book on the history of Grimesthorpe Boy's Club 1953 - 2000, 95 pages and 150 photos. I am an old member and anyone interested in a copy please contact me

Hi 

I would very much like one mate please let me have some more detail re contact and payment etc

many thanks

Jack

Hi , yes i was a regular at the boys club from the 60s to the early 70s and would love to have a copy of your book . Please contact with details .

PS is that Jack Bowler , hope it is .

Jim Daley.

Hi all

I’m looking to buy the book written by David Kirkham about Grimesthorpe Boys Club 1960-2000.

if anyone out there has one for sale I’d be eternally grateful.

please email me if you have.

Many thanks and good wishes to you all

Jack Bowler

Hello again Jack , i to would like to have a copy of that book . But we must know a good few of the stories from the 60s and 70s.

Hope you are ok pal.

Jim.

On 12/05/2017 at 10:33, Kirk44 said:

I was at Keith's (Plum) funeral along with a number of old lads from the late 50's and early 60's Alf Webster, Barry Whittingham Harry Gath to name a few

---------- Post added 14-05-2017 at 20:18 ----------

Glad you liked the book only got 17 left may have to re- print

---------- Post added 14-05-2017 at 20:29 ----------

Can anyone who wen club remember Harry Storey and know where he lives now moved off Popple Street

Did you manage to find Harry Storey? His sister Janet was at my sisters funeral last year 

Did you manage to find Harry Storey? His sister Janet was at my sisters funeral last year

On 04/12/2017 at 22:43, robertbutler said:

My stepdad and uncle was in grimesthorpe boys club,

Michael Flanagan and Patrick Flanagan (Pat the Cat)

I was wondering if I could get hold of 2 copies of the book ??

Knew both of them,bit older than me lived bottom of our rd,whiteways rd,also remember there dad n sister.. we lived at no 90,greenwoods

Hi played for grimesthorpe bob hinchcliffe ran them in about 68to 73 I don’t know if it’s not the boy’s club some others that played were Brian Wilson Paul Allett  Bob Innis  John Copper a lot of them played for the cannon pub at Firvale 

• Like 1

On 28/05/2011 at 18:44, pigeon said:

come on who went when Keith and Trevor Lemm used to run it????

Seeing you tomorrow