Orlando USA car hire

Have a look here as well. You can buy hire car excess insurance before you travel often for far less than the hire car operators charge. Also means you know exactly what you are covered for before you go and won't get tricked into buying unnecessarily expensive insurance at the airport:

https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/car-hire/excess-insurance/

Thanks everyone

---------- Post added 09-05-2017 at 10:04 ----------

We used Alamo last time in Florida - absolutely no problems at all, so would certainly recommend.

Alamo charge £127 to hire a sat-nav. I know it's often better to buy one over there, but charging this much doesn't make me feel good about using Alamo.

I have been to florida 11 times first time 30 years ago last time in 2015,never had a satnav,and always managed ok.

I have been to florida 11 times first time 30 years ago last time in 2015,never had a satnav,and always managed ok.

Yeah, but you've been 11 times.

---------- Post added 09-05-2017 at 11:17 ----------

Have a look here as well. You can buy hire car excess insurance before you travel often for far less than the hire car operators charge. Also means you know exactly what you are covered for before you go and won't get tricked into buying unnecessarily expensive insurance at the airport:

https://www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/car-hire/excess-insurance/

It seems the problem with this is you may have to cough up for damage and then claim it back, could run into thousands.

Some of the toolbooths and Florida don't have a cash lane. That made me panic the first time, but no need to worry. The automatic number page registration charges the toll to the car hire place, which in turn bills your card once you get home (and includes a ludicrous fee from the car hire place too).

Yes but the first one was the first time! serioussly though i am old school and still use a map,all the major theme parks and attractions are well signposted and you can always look on google maps before you set off.I am sure you will have a great time,our favourite place is busch gardens in tampa great day out.

Yeah, but you've been 11 times.

---------- Post added 09-05-2017 at 11:17 ----------

It seems the problem with this is you may have to cough up for damage and then claim it back, could run into thousands.

That's a point I'd not considered. I'll double check the ins and outs when I go to book a hire car for my hols later this year. Thanks for the heads up.

That's a point I'd not considered. I'll double check the ins and outs when I go to book a hire car for my hols later this year. Thanks for the heads up.

Good article in Which about this:

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/car-hire/article/car-hire-advice/car-hire-insurance

The info about insurance from an outside company is at the very bottom of the page.

some info i learned to share -

DIBB forum - everything Disney and Orlando.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/index.php

and recommended for car hire from DIBB site

http://www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk/index.php

---------- Post added 09-05-2017 at 14:13 ----------

Again just sharing what I have found. No vested interest. Reply from Andy at link above

Thanks for getting in touch. All of my quotes include the required level of insurance so theres no need to purchase anything extra locally. The personal / passenger injury is covered by your own travel insurance. The insurance which you require (and is included) is the collision damage waiver and the additional liability insurance. Its zero excess so in the event of an incident, you won’t need to pay anything. All the airport fee’s and taxes are also included.

The rental companies don’t cover some eventualities such as punctures, lost / locked in car keys or windscreen damage. Alamo offer their own insurance at $6 a day. We offer it at £2.50 a day. Personally its not something I ever bother with but if you want the extra peace of mind then its there for you.

Pick Up: Sanford Int Airport – 12th August

Drop Off: Sanford Int Airport – 26th August

Duration: 14 Days

Vehicle: Intermediate 5 seater SUV

Alamo Gold: £389 (includes 1 driver. Collect and return full of fuel)

Alamo Gold Plus: £409 (includes 2 drivers. Collect and return full of fuel)

Alamo Platinum: £460 (includes 4 drivers. Collect full, return empty)