Do scrap men/women still take cookers?

Normally they do,its fridges and freezers that they dont take.

Just be a little bit careful if it is an older oven because asbestos rope was used for seals and you would be committing a serious crime by dumping it. I can't remember the exact date but anything less than about 10 years old should be OK.

Edited by ENG601PM

Just be a little bit careful if it is an older oven because asbestos rope was used for seals and you would be committing a serious crime by dumping it. I can't remember the exact date but anything less than about 10 years old should be OK.

Even if it doesn’t have asbestos rope the OP would be fly tipping and could be fined.

Edited by Guest

Anything metal put on the street gets snatched up by one of the many scrapmen that drive around stealing bbq's etc, will they take an old oven? It's mostly made of metal!

So the very people that are doing you a favour by removing your rubbish you class as thieves ( Nice).

So the very people that are doing you a favour by removing your rubbish you class as thieves ( Nice).

only when they also take things in the garden not left out for them ;)

Even if it doesn’t have asbestos rope the OP would be fly tipping and could be fined.

Not if he does as I do and leave scrap metal within the boundary of his property.

I always leave mine ar the bottom of my steps just before the footpath.

It’s never there longer than a few hours and it goes much quicker than a council employee would ever get around to issuing a fine.