Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Ridiculous Forum rules

I have to create 5 new posts before im allowed to respond/reply to a private message to me ?

What a load of rubbish

Sheffield forum seems to have lost the plot here

Who is this designed to help....certainly not members its ridiculous red tape

I have managed to find a long lost family friend on the other side of the world yet im not permitted to talk to them.

Im am utterly didmayed

Totally agree I'm trying to message a man that lives on the David Wilson estate at lodge moor but it won't let me I'm sure I have 5 posts !!

Shush or it will get upped to 100 posts.......:hihi:

Stop moaning, get posting. You only need two more. ?

Im am utterly dismayed

Start a thread about your most loved politician, and then another about your second most loved politician, job done.

I have to create 5 new posts before im allowed to respond/reply to a private message to me ?

What a load of rubbish

I have managed to find a long lost family friend on the other side of the world yet im not permitted to talk to them.

Im am utterly didmayed

:(

That's outrageous!

You are being prevented from corresponding with a long lost family friend at the other side of the world by ridiculous red tape.

Surely, this must be against your human rights?

Whatever will you do? :huh:

You could find a nice expensive human rights lawyer, or get an on-line petition started to get these neanderthal rules abolished immediately...

... or you could just make 2 more posts?

You have a difficult decision to make! Good luck! :thumbsup:

I've seen this rule on many different forums. I think it's to stop spam or something - but 5 posts isn't a lot really is it?

There are greater frustrations to this board than the requirement to make 5 posts btw. The moderation in particular is frequently very officious compared to other fora. What I mean by that is, it's not that the moderators are wrong to intervene - I think they mostly get it right - but the way they do it - the tone of it and the way they reprimand people - it's not what we call "Adult-Adult" exchange - it's "Critical Parent - Child" exchange. And that's very unfortunate and totally unnecessary. But it's doubtful that is going to change so we just have to accept that for some folks it's just the way they are and get on with it.

Of course, we do have more than our share of numpties as well and it can't be easy moderating some of this stuff.

But all in all, if you don't take it too seriously, you should enjoy yourself.

What a load of rubbish

Im am utterly didmayed

Stop whingeing and make some more posts you big girls blouse.

Stop moaning, get posting. You only need two more. ?:)
I do like a good moan yes will get posting :hihi:

So the forums helped you find a long lost friend in another country yet its rubbish because you have to post a couple more times?

I can see why you are "utterly didmayed" .

If you are in West Yorkshire, and have found a long lost friend, that does not make Sheffield the other side of the world though....

Thankfully, post-Brexit, fascist owners of their own web-sites and fora won't be able to impose this kind of bureaucratic nonsense on people.