Filmon- no longer free

I suspect many people on holiday/business in Europe have used Filmon as a means of watching UK TV. Until 30th April it was free in SD Format. They pulled the plug on 1/5/17 and it's now £14-95 /month if you are so inclined.

Can anyone suggest either a free or low cost VPN to continue watching UK TV. I've tried TV Catch up but the connection drops regularly. I'm in France on holiday and want to watch a particular programme next week which I forgot to record in the UK.

You could try Hoxx VPN Proxy, which is a free ad-on for the Firefox browser.

and Chrome it seems

Try Britishtvchannels.com.

Does it work via ipad ?

Does it work via ipad ?

do you get firefox or chrome on it?

Britishtvchannels.com works on iPad.

Not wishing to hijack this thread but does that also include MobiTV for Android (Filmon App)?

Thanks for the help folks.I've got an internet connection of c 8.2 Mb and can get a watchable picture - a bit jerky at times- on the ipad using Britishtvchannels.com or TVCatchup. What I can't do is cast/send it to my Samsung TV using either the AppleTV gizmo or casting it from the (Android) HUDL using Chromecast. Could be that I'm going to have to do the decent thing and pay for a VPN.Anyway thanks for the pointers.

(Swarfendor- from what I can ascertain- you only get two minutes free now from Filmon on the UK, French German etc channels now)

Is everybody aware that under the new Digital Economy Bill it is now illegal to use software such as Kodi and other services which enable you to circumvent copyright on TV and web services?

The penalty is up to 10 years in prison for those who sell the equipment and software to enable this, but I have no idea whether or when they may enforce the penalties on users or how they may track everybody down.

Can it even be considered pirating free to air TV?

Especially considering most people already pay their UK TV licence fee as well.

Is everybody aware that under the new Digital Economy Bill it is now illegal to use software such as Kodi and other services which enable you to circumvent copyright on TV and web services?

The penalty is up to 10 years in prison for those who sell the equipment and software to enable this, but I have no idea whether or when they may enforce the penalties on users or how they may track everybody down.

You could always join the Open Rights Group:

https://www.openrightsgroup.org/blog/2016/overview-of-the-digital-economy-bill-2016

As for me, I think I will disappear into the dark web. :gag::help::huh::roll::loopy:

:mad::(:o