Rain (Watering veg)

What are gardeners thoughts on watering.

We have had no significant rain for the last month and I am wondering should I be watering potatoes? they are about 75mm tall at the moment I have only limited access to water and cannot decide what to water. Would a good soak once a week be enough?

I have garlic which has overwintered, shallots and peas also.

The rest of my plants eg seeds of sunflower ,wall flower and a few others are doing ok as I do water these.

What are gardeners thoughts on watering.

We have had no significant rain for the last month and I am wondering should I be watering potatoes? they are about 75mm tall at the moment I have only limited access to water and cannot decide what to water. Would a good soak once a week be enough?

I have garlic which has overwintered, shallots and peas also.

The rest of my plants eg seeds of sunflower ,wall flower and a few others are doing ok as I do water these.

TBH we've had a fair bit of rain, the only time I water the allotment is when it's very dry in summer. Unless of course they are in raise beds or bags, if that was the case I may water more but again at the moment we've had enough rain (my raised beds which have garlic in are moist enough ~50cm off the ground).

We haven't had much rain, soil is dry even below a deep mulch. |Potatoes need to be watered otherwise they will be open textured and crumble in the water when you boil them.