Orlando Theme Parks

Having a trip to Orlando in October for the first time in a few years only going for 10 days so will not be able to take in everything, what parks would you say are the must visits, my prefernce so far is in this order:

Universal Islands of Adventure

Universal Studios

Universal Volcano Bay (new for 2017)

Disney Hollywood Studios

Disney Animal Kingdom

Disney Magic Kingdom

Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon

Which others are worth consideration?

Having a trip to Orlando in October for the first time in a few years only going for 10 days so will not be able to take in everything, what parks would you say are the must visits, my prefernce so far is in this order:

Universal Studios

Disney Hollywood Studios

Disney Animal Kingdom

Disney Magic Kingdom

For rides and lots of animals, Busch Gardens in Tampa, without a doubt.

For a relaxing day, Discovery Cove.

For kids, Legoland.

For a water park, Aquatica.

You haven't added Hollywood Studios I notice?

There's also Disney Springs, which is lots of shops, restaurants and other bits and pieces. That's really good too (with free parking).

Do try the minigolf - winter summerland and another one, the name of which escapes me right now. Depending on your Disney tickets, the cost is usually included for a round a day, and it's really good!

I could talk about Orlando all day!! :)

The thing is you really need a couple of days each for the Universal parks because there's so much to do. Magic Kingdom is a must if it's your first time, but it's a long day (last year we were in from 9.30am till 11.00pm). Do the night time airboat ride down at Boggy Creek airboats - Guaranteed to see Gators in the wild.

For rides and lots of animals, Busch Gardens in Tampa, without a doubt.

For a relaxing day, Discovery Cove.

For kids, Legoland.

For a water park, Aquatica.

You haven't added Hollywood Studios I notice?

There's also Disney Springs, which is lots of shops, restaurants and other bits and pieces. That's really good too (with free parking).

Do try the minigolf - winter summerland and another one, the name of which escapes me right now. Depending on your Disney tickets, the cost is usually included for a round a day, and it's really good!

I could talk about Orlando all day!! :)

Thanks

I've been to Busch Gardens but the distance + time might lead me to miss that one this time, I've also done Discovery Cove previously. I had put Hollywood Studios in the list.

I'd definitely consider Aquatica though.

I wouldn't bother with Hollywood Studios. Quite a bit of it is closed for the building of a Star Wars themed area opening in 2019.

The Studio Backlot Tour, Magic of Disney Animation, Lights, Motors, Action!, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, the Streets of America have all gone.

However the Hollywood Studios Star Wars fireworks are not to be missed, we went just to see these after a day at Typhoon Lagoon.

Universal Studios

Disney Hollywood Studios

Disney Animal Kingdom

Disney Magic Kingdom

Don,t forget to book another two weeks holiday for when you get back, you,ll need it.Enjoy

Don,t forget to book another two weeks holiday for when you get back, you,ll need it.Enjoy

Yes it's certainly not a relaxing holiday Alan.

Its all good my favorite was the Epcot theme park

we had a couple of rest days as it was full on, on these days we went on an airboat ride in kissimee and had a morning in Gatorland (suprisingly good)

Yes it's certainly not a relaxing holiday Alan.

I find it quite relaxing to be honest! It's a fair bit of walking, but if you want to take it as a more relaxed holiday it's possible. I suspect it might have been easier for us as we had a 5 year old with us, and we weren't therefore rushing to get on all the big rides.

I find it quite relaxing to be honest! It's a fair bit of walking, but if you want to take it as a more relaxed holiday it's possible. I suspect it might have been easier for us as we had a 5 year old with us, and we weren't therefore rushing to get on all the big rides.

My lads 13 so we'll be running about like loons :hihi:

Most of the parks are decent, i think magic kingdom was my favourite but expect a lot of walking and waiting for rides.

When I went, the average ride wait time was 1h+.

Most of the parks are decent, i think magic kingdom was my favourite but expect a lot of walking and waiting for rides.

When I went, the average ride wait time was 1h+.

People say that quite a lot, but when we went last year, there were no rides over 45minutes, and that was the end of August! I think the common mistake is that the US schools aren't actually off when ours are. Ours are off end of August, but the US schools are back, so the queues are shorter.

Even Soarin', the Frozen ride, Hulk, and all the big ones were 45m max.