Lodge moor hospital

did any one start their pupil nurse training at lodge moor in 1969 to 1970 , mr palmer was one of the tutors of class 21 , there was only 6 of us left in that class by the end of our training and we all passed through , we had a group photograph taken at the end of the course ,and i lost mine a few years back it would be nice to see it again . i was one of the last nurses to care for dennis in the last iron lung ,before he died . it would also be nice to hear from any spinal patient in 1970

did any one start their pupil nurse training at lodge moor in 1969 to 1970 , mr palmer was one of the tutors of class 21 , there was only 6 of us left in that class by the end of our training and we all passed through , we had a group photograph taken at the end of the course ,and i lost mine a few years back it would be nice to see it again . i was one of the last nurses to care for dennis in the last iron lung ,before he died . it would also be nice to hear from any spinal patient in 1970

hi annjune975271 there are other stories on lodge moor hospital on this forum please try sheff history aswell hope this helps

regards mick

Slightly off topic but me and my mum had lodge moor cafe from 1971-1973,you may recall it being opposite the main gate,we would get a lot of the nurses and indeed visitors come in both the little shop and the cafe.I did go out with a couple of the lasses and was matey with a few of the male nurses and had a drink in the Sportsman with them quite regularly.

Slightly off topic but me and my mum had lodge moor cafe from 1971-1973,you may recall it being opposite the main gate,we would get a lot of the nurses and indeed visitors come in both the little shop and the cafe.I did go out with a couple of the lasses and was matey with a few of the male nurses and had a drink in the Sportsman with them quite regularly.

yes i do remember the cafe , and i also went in the sportsman with the other nurses , nice to hear from you

yes i do remember the cafe , and i also went in the sportsman with the other nurses , nice to hear from you

The lads I recall were,Alan who had a 250 honda,Tim who rode a bsa bantam and another lad called John they would all be 18ish slightly older than me.A nurse I was courting was called gail,very pretty with long dark hair.A very long time ago I'm afraid.

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 18:54 ----------

The lads I recall were,Alan who had a 250 honda,Tim who rode a bsa bantam and another lad called John they would all be 18ish slightly older than me.A nurse I was courting was called gail,very pretty with long dark hair.A very long time ago I'm afraid.

I also recall a lass called Jenny,she was quite small with curly blonde hair,if memory serves she was with Tim that I mentioned.This would be 1973,dont know if you were still there at that time.

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I hope that I will be able to trace any friends from my student days in Lodge Moor Hospital ...from 1968 to 1971. I was called Stephanie Holmes then and my dearest friend was named Sue Moss. I have lost touch with Sue. She came from Doncaster. I would dearly like to find her and anyone else from that time.

Was anyone reading this there 1980 and 1981 would love to hear from patients and staff etc I was there a year have so many memories

I was here for a year 1980 and 1981 does anyone read this who worked there at this time ?

I think my mum worked there around that time. I will check with her. Her name is Marilyn Oxley

I think my mum worked there around that time. I will check with her. Her name is Marilyn Oxley
that’s great thankyou I was in Ward South 3