Is it time for United to off-load Billy Sharp?

I reckon Billy and Ched could both get around 15-20 easily in the Championship.

Edited by BladeSteve

Guest sibon
I reckon Billy and Ched could both get around 15-20 easily in the Championship.

Games?

They certainly won't get that many goals.

Before people jump in, this is a serious post.

Do Unitedites feel that to move ahead and prosper next season they should get rid of this seasons top scorer?

We all know he is a good striker at League 1 level but he has struggled in the championship at Leeds, Forest and Reading (and he is now 3 years older) For the good of the club (and player) do you think it would be beneficial for United to off-load? (you may even get a transfer fee)

As Billy is a bit of a home bird (as most of his clubs have been an hour from Sheffield) maybe it would be a good move for him to sign for Rotherham or return back to Donny or Scunny. The money received may be put to the signing of Evans or another decent striker who knows the league, has experience in it and can thrive in United's attacking system.

Think you need to think about your own strikers if you manage to go up,

Fletcher 53 in 190 premier games

Hooper 8 in 34

Rhodes. 0 in 6

Forestieri 0 in 0!

Hooper 8 in 34

Rhodes. 0 in 6

Forestieri 0 in 0!

What are,you talking about? Rhodes has 3 in however many games and FF has 12, not sure what random stat your making up for them

As for Sharp no you should give him a chance. He won't get anywhere near 30 goals but he might have 15 in him if your midfield can give him the supply

What the pie man is a world beater ! Lmao :hihi:

Hooper 8 in 34

Rhodes. 0 in 6

Forestieri 0 in 0!

Feel free to bring this up if we go up, I'm sure as a club we would address the issue of players who maybe wont make it.

Feel free to bring this up if we go up, I'm sure as a club we would address the issue of players who maybe wont make it.

Funnily enough,the last part of that quote would have saved you the bother of creating a whole thread on Billy,see how easy it is to get your answer.?:hihi:

Sharp has similarities to Jordan Rhodes but with less physicality and height.

Sharp, like Rhodes is a great finisher BUT they both lack speed and sharpness so both need setting up with balls played to their feet.

So in the wrong team with team mates unable to make pin point passes then Sharp will struggle but I suspect Uniteds midfield will be able to set him up. Given a chance in front of goal Sharp more often than not scores.

Ched is the interesting one, much harder shot than Sharp and can score goals from nothing. If he regains anything like his best form he'll be a force in the Championship.

Edited by sheffsteel

This Sharp hasn't done it in the Championship rubbish is beginning to annoy me, at first I would assume it's Wednesday fans peddling fake facts but I've actually seen united fans say it too. He is currently the 8th top scorer in the championship ever, he's just won golden boot in league one with 30 goals. In answer to your question speedy we definitely shouldn't offload Billy next year he has done more than enough to continue as captain in this side.

When we had Sharp before, Blackwell played him on the bloody wing.

In fact as a bit of fun I'll have a charity bet with any Wednesday fan on here that he'll score more than any Wednesday player next year. £5 to charity of the winners choice.

Edited by Danny_Boy

This Sharp hasn't done it in the premiership rubbish is beginning to annoy me, at first I would assume it's Wednesday fans peddling fake facts but I've actually seen united fans say it too. He is currently the 8th top scorer in the championship ever, he's just won golden boot in league one with 30 goals. In answer to your question speedy we definitely shouldn't offload Billy next year he has done more than enough to continue as captain in this side.

When we had Sharp before, Blackwell played him on the bloody wing.

In fact as a bit of fun I'll have a charity bet with any Wednesday fan on here that he'll score more than any Wednesday player next year. £5 to charity of the winners choice.

Yes, he's done it in the premiership. Two games.

Yes, he's done it in the premiership. Two games.

Apologies I meant championship.

Edited.

Yes definately keep him.

Try and get wood from leeds.

Make a lethal partnership