Half billion redevelopment project announced.

but most people don't go shopping before going to the cinema or for a meal and vice versa

Yes they do. Look at Meadowhall. Nearly everyone in the food court area and entering the cinema has shopping bags. Not saying the same thing would happen in the city centre, but I can't see that a trial run with the support of BID would be a bad thing.

Yes they do. Look at Meadowhall. Nearly everyone in the food court area and entering the cinema has shopping bags. Not saying the same thing would happen in the city centre, but I can't see that a trial run with the support of BID would be a bad thing.

so you have seen people taking shopping bags into the cinema ? is there a baggage holding space in there ?

Guest makapaka
so you have seen people taking shopping bags into the cinema ? is there a baggage holding space in there ?

It's a daft point anyway but have you been to that cinema? You could nigh on park your car with the leg room.

It's a daft point anyway but have you been to that cinema? You could nigh on park your car with the leg room.

the poster was talking about Meadowhall . and why is it a daft point ?

Interesting that Sheffield city centre is very popular for visitors, the Hotels are nearly full every weekend, the bars restaurants and cafes are very busy, the theatres and live music venues are well supported, Leopold Square, Devonshire Green, Tudor Square and the peace gardens are buzzing when the weather is nice.....and yet some Sheffield folk on here think it is a dump and haven't visited for ages.

Interesting that Sheffield city centre is very popular for visitors, the Hotels are nearly full every weekend, the bars restaurants and cafes are very busy, the theatres and live music venues are well supported, Leopold Square, Devonshire Green, Tudor Square and the peace gardens are buzzing when the weather is nice.....and yet some Sheffield folk on here think it is a dump and haven't visited for ages.

To some extent there'll always be some self-deprecation about where you're from but you're right there's some folk on here chronic dislike of Sheffield must be making their lives very miserable.

There's an array of different restaurants, pubs and bars that cater for all from real ale drinkers to late night revellers and some top quality theatres and music venues.

Still, Doncaster's market is better apparently.....

To some extent there'll always be some self-deprecation about where you're from but you're right there's some folk on here chronic dislike of Sheffield must be making their lives very miserable.

There's an array of different restaurants, pubs and bars that cater for all from real ale drinkers to late night revellers and some top quality theatres and music venues.

Well, Doncaster won an award for best food market a couple of years ago. But it isn't all open every day, which seems confusing.

Well, Doncaster won an award for best food market a couple of years ago. But it isn't all open every day, which seems confusing.

Pleased for Doncaster, I'm sure their market is grand, I'd just rather live in Sheffield personally.

I was just making the point that some people seem to love focussing on what Sheffield hasn't got and how terrible it is rather than what it has got.

It is but not as good as Barnsley and that is because they are both in the traditional Town centre environment( where they have always been) and not been moved down South so as to cosy up to out of Town investors and speculators.

I just tuck the bag under my seat, or most often I have an aisle seat and put the bag next to me.

Edited by Cyclone

It is but not as good as Barnsley and that is because they are both in the traditional Town centre environment( where they have always been) and not been moved down South so as to cosy up to out of Town investors and speculators.

Quit the broken record JUDD

Guest makapaka
the poster was talking about Meadowhall . and why is it a daft point ?

Cos justifying arguments on town planning around whether you can take bags in the pictures seems a bit daft.

I thought they were talking about the Light so hands up there.