Half billion redevelopment project announced.

City Centre stuff still works in Leeds.

But yes there could be a Greggs. I'm curious though, what are the dining options at Silver Street. Not that much last time I was round there.

It's about 1 minute into town isn't it, so whatever you like really.

Or the canteen upstairs if you don't want to leave.

Parking, for the majority of staff costs £5/day in the car park under the Velocity building.

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 08:51 ----------

That's exactly why I stopped going into the city centre. I don't find shopping high on my list of leisure activities. Shopping is essential to me. Its to be done as quick and easly as possible. I will travel to find something unique but I still want to park cheaply and get the item(s) bought and back home ASAP.

Meadowhall has free parking of course, whether it's quicker depends on where you travel from. I can be in the city centre faster than Meadowhall, I'll pay £2 for parking sure, but overall, if I was just buying a single thing then I'd be home 30 mins quicker. Worth £2?

I work in the city centre at the moment anyway, so I just shop at lunch if I need to shop. With the exception of clothes though I buy most things online.

The question is how much are we going to pay John Lewis to Move ?. Not looking good for Fargate all ready large empty units and looks Like H & M moving down the Moor any news on the old BHS store on the Moor.

Why would we pay them to move?

Ooooh another Masterplan. In 12 months time. :thumbsup:

Under the plans the council was to build a new store for them. Everyone going on about HSBC and the new office block no one mentions the office space they are leaving to move into the new building. The area it's in will probably more student apartments.

The 1970's office space they are leaving because it makes commercial sense...

Is it somehow a bad thing if an old office block is converted into new residential accommodation?

---------- Post added 01-05-2017 at 11:14 ----------

Under the plans the council was to build a new store for them.

Which they would lease or buy?

But Sheffield City Centre is a craphole....and just how do you get to the bottom of the Moor and back (so you can take "advantage" of the "wonderful" new market, Primark, T J Hughes and all the other "delightful" things it has to offer) from the Tram stops - I gave up trying to work it out when the Freebie ceased to be.

Since then if I want a DECENT market or a DECENT shopping mall I'll go over to Doncaster.

Sheffield City Centre is dead on it's feet.

Buses 20,24,25,43,43a,44,75,76,86,96,97 and 98 link Castle Square tram stop with Moorfoot.

Sheffield needs this development at present around Cambridge Street is a mess though I would like to see more of the old buildings reused. The only downside to this and this is not only just a Sheffield problem most people like to shop online than shopping in a shop. Perhaps a way forward is to have entertainment provesion has well as retail more mixed development than just purely retail.

I rarely go into the city centre so it wont make a lot of difference to me.As long as the council tax payers do not have to pay for it i dont mind.I went to the new The light cinema on the moor last week which i was well impressed with.It was very quiet though,i counted less than twenty people watching the film.I still miss the wappentake and henrys bar,happy memories.

oh right an office block with a few shops underneath . Is this the anchor tenant for the 500 million RETAIL quarter?

Dont be so cynical

They have a national retailer lined up as the anchor tenant ......... Poundland.

Guest makapaka

Been down the moor today and to the new cinema.

Anyone unable to see improvement and progress down there must have their eyes painted on.

So much better and with further work going on - what's to complain about?