Half billion redevelopment project announced.

Been reported in the star that JD Sports is opening a new shop on the Moor . Is this another of the high end shops we were promised for the retail quarter ? in reality they are really only moving because they already have a shop a few hundred yards away .

The Moor isn't the retail quarter is it, try and get your facts correct

---------- Post added 26-06-2017 at 09:42 ----------

It is the councils planning at fault ,they have killed the traditional trading area in the rush to appease out of town investors in the South of the City.

They have also moved their offices into the same area convenient int it.

Do you ever say anything else?!

Soz .............

The facts are there for all to see .

Castles in the air come to mind.

He does, sometimes it's a conspiracy theory by the illuminati and the lizard men, that's when it's not the council's fault.

Is there any meaningful update on the New Retail Quarter? Mazer Iqbal from SCC has been quoted in the Telegraph talking about the "success" of the NRQ but I'm not sure what he means. Does he mean the large laundry (sorry, bank) currently going up?

Is there any meaningful update on the New Retail Quarter? Mazer Iqbal from SCC has been quoted in the Telegraph talking about the "success" of the NRQ but I'm not sure what he means. Does he mean the large laundry (sorry, bank) currently going up?

There's a massive building going up now. It will have loads of shops and offices above. That's the start of the SRQ (formerly NRQ/7Stone/etc). Yes the tenants of the offices will be a bank. So what? Would you prefer it was a law firm or accountants? More shops and buildings will no doubt follow in due course. Doing it bit by bit is better than the 7Stone eyesore which would have cleared huge areas of the city. At least now there is a chance we will retain some of the better older buildings.

We'd all prefer it if it had happened years ago and that it was happening quicker now. But it is happening. I don't see why people feel the need to deny that. The Moor is loads better than it's been for many many years. There are cranes all over the city. Development is happening.

What will happen to all the space HSBC are vacating let, me guess more student flats.

What will happen to all the space HSBC are vacating let, me guess more student flats.

Would you prefer it to be empty for a decade instead?