Sights and sounds best you heard and saw

One of mine was in millhouses park runing of the water the russling of the trees with the sound of a train on the background Have you any?

One of the best sights to come to mind was sitting with my wife at a beach restaurant in Cha-Am Thailand. The local fishermen were out at sea and their boats had all got green lights to lure the fish. The twinkling lights in the dark a warm breeze and the sand between our toes made it a night to remember.

August 1999, the eclipse from the headland at West Pentire in Cornwall. A beautiful day, fantastic scenery, sunshine and blue skies over a blue sea - and then the eclipse - total dark and not a sound to be heard, even the birds stopped singing. A magic moment that still gives goosebumps all these years later.

Sheffield City Hall, March 1963; The Beatles- sight and sound !

Edited by stpetre
Add

and the incessant screaming drowning out everything!:mad:

After years of being away from Sheffield, entering the Wednesday grounds, and hearing 30,000 or so supporters cheering.

and the incessant screaming drowning out everything!:mad:

No choogling. I'm referring to the Helen Shapiro tour when they could be heard. They opened up with 'I Saw Her Standing There'.( My heart went BOOM too)! The screaming that drowned the sound was later into 1963. I was there- at the City Hall- then.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Sitting beside the river in Rivelin Valley on a summer evening, watching the swallows, flycatchers, dippers etc. and listening to the river gently lapping the stones on its way to join the Loxley at Malin Bridge where I was born. :)

No choogling. I'm referring to the Helen Shapiro tour when they could be heard. They opened up with 'I Saw Her Standing There'.( My heart went BOOM too)! The screaming that drowned the sound was later into 1963. I was there- at the City Hall- then.

The late ,great comedian Dave Allen was the compere on that Helen Shapiro tour, was he not? He became a great friend of the lads from Liverpool because of that tour.

Edited by TORONTONY

The late ,great comedian Dave Allen was the compere on that Helen Shapiro tour, was he not? He became a great friend of the lads from Liverpool because of that tour.

You could be right about Dave Allen Mr.T. I recall Kenny Lynch was on the bill too, I quite liked him over the years.

The sight of my late husband on one knee asking me to marry him. I said yes.

The sound of the Derwent Dam's Spring overflow, cascading down the dam wall at Bluebell time whilst listening to some Elgar.

Less romantic, the sound of the Don Valley industries at night; railway wagons clanking and the 'whoosh-bang' of the steam hammers.