Mobility scooter taken from Wincobank

My neighbour Christine is elderly lady and has had her City Ranger mobility 6 silver 4 wheeler scooter stolen from her shed in wincobank. She is lovely lady and looked after me in Chancet Wood Residential home when i was a kid. I have set up a crowd funding page for her to see if I can replace it for her if not found. https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/replacestolenmobilityscooter

The Star are doing a cover on the story and will be live online tonight then going in the paper thursday/friday. So hopefully that will help with the crowd funding : ).

---------- Post added 25-04-2017 at 23:27 ----------

great piece from The Star http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/thieves-steal-mobility-scooter-from-heartbroken-great-grandmother-in-sheffield-1-8511643

How low can some people go?

They'll be elderly themselves one day, maybe then they will begin to understand reliance.

Exactly and not as if it was easy to get to, they broke the padlock of the fence then had to break into the padlock of the shed. Then as there thick they took barrel out where you put key in. Where there is a leaver at back to free wheel it. Thanks to the star the donations are going up : ).

Unfortunately more and more scooters are getting nicked. The batteries are expensive and it's so easy to steal. The keys used can be turned with any thing you can insert in.

I'm currently working with CareCo Mobility and datatool to come up with an alarm that would help keep scooters safe. I've had my wheelchair stolen years ago and the police told the papers they found it. What they didn't say was it was actually residents in high green and members of this forum that were out searching for it that found it

You can register your valuables on this website https://www.immobilise.com/

Engraving items with your house number and postcode are a great way to identify equipment. Lots of people have Dremel tools you could hire or borrow.

I'm thinking of offering a service of fitting alarms to mobility aids for people. I would only charge the price of the alarm and a donation to charity.

Trying to find out if people would be interested

I'm thinking of offering a service of fitting alarms to mobility aids for people. I would only charge the price of the alarm and a donation to charity.

Trying to find out if people would be interested

A nice idea. But not many folk bother these days to an alarm going off. Well not out in the sticks anyway.

Angel1.

True but if you were in a shop and your alarm goes off I think you'd notice. The alarm on mine even goes off if they try nick the batteries

True but if you were in a shop and your alarm goes off I think you'd notice. The alarm on mine even goes off if they try nick the batteries

That's a great idea, it should be like that on all. Any deterrent is better than no deterrent at all. The scum bags will pinch owt not screwed to the ground.

Angel1.

A nice idea. But not many folk bother these days to an alarm going off. Well not out in the sticks anyway.

Angel1.

Yes, these days with tech, I think some kind of tracking device hidden inside, but auto-access to the battery charging system would be a better option BlueDragon. Perhaps you could work on that idea?

Alarms tend to be useless these days, and probably considered more an annoyance than a security measure.

If I saw someone in a wheelchair or machine who was acting in a normal way, I wouldn't be tempted to wrestle them off the chair!, and probably think it was a malfunction.