Ched Evans back for the Blades?

This Ched business has significant similarities to the Forestiari business when early in the season he refused to play because he was desperate to engineer a transfer away from SWFC.

Many Owls were initially split, if he wants to leave then let him go, surely keeping him will damage the team spirit, yeh but he's our match winner and best player etc etc.

Ched was generally underwhelming in his SU career but for the last 6 months of his contract he was SU's best striker since Brian Deane, way too good for league 1, miles better than Billy Sharp and arguably low PL standard. It's a risk but it if a club has a chance to get a player with such potential on the cheap then it's understandable.

Regard the Ched signing damaging the club/ team spirit it's a fair point but Wilder seems to be a master of a manager and I'm sure he'll sort it out with ease.

PS: Spoke to loads of Blades, there are 2 groups, of those that attend matches I'd say at least 90% want him back. Of those Blades that never attend matches I'd say it's a 50/50 split.

Edited by sheffsteel

This Ched business has significant similarities to the Forestiari business when early in the season he refused to play because he was desperate to engineer a transfer away from SWFC.

Many Owls were initially split, if he wants to leave then let him go, surely keeping him will damage the team spirit, yeh but he's our match winner and best player etc etc.

Ched was generally underwhelming in his SU career but for the last 6 months of his contract he was SU's best striker since Brian Deane, way too good for league 1, miles better than Billy Sharp and arguably low PL standard. It's a risk but it if a club has a chance to get a player with such potential on the cheap then it's understandable.

Regard the Ched signing damaging the club/ team spirit it's a fair point but Wilder seems to be a master of a manager and I'm sure he'll sort it out with ease.

PS: Spoke to loads of Blades, there are 2 groups, of those that attend matches I'd say at least 90% want him back. Of those Blades that never attend matches I'd say it's a 50/50 split.

You have no idea that that was the reason FF refused to play and the two incidents are totally unconnected.

No mate, it has no similarities what so ever!

way too good for league 1

I think that's still true. He absolutely smashed it this season, scoring almost six league goals

:hihi:

I think that's still true. He absolutely smashed it this season, scoring almost six league goals

:hihi:

7 goals in 23 starts nearly a goal every three games for a side that were relegated.

You can paint stats in a different light to suit your own argument. All I know is when we played them he was the best player on the park till he went off injured and when he went off Chesterfield collapsed.

I think he'll surprise a few next season.

7 goals in 23 starts nearly a goal every three games for a side that were relegated.

You can paint stats in a different light to suit your own argument. All I know is when we played them he was the best player on the park till he went off injured and when he went off Chesterfield collapsed.

I think he'll surprise a few next season.

If he does sign... It will be very interesting.

You can paint stats in a different light to suit your own argument.

Haha, I should have been clearer. I wasn't trying to paint any stats in any light.

The fact is he only scored 5 (five) league goals last season. He played in over 20 league games.

He wasn't managing to score against teams like Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Port Vale or Bury... And so I can't imagine Aston Villa and Wolves and Derby County are fearing his goal scoring prowess based on the above facts.

Haha, I should have been clearer. I wasn't trying to paint any stats in any light.

The fact is he only scored 5 (five) league goals last season. He played in over 20 league games.

He wasn't managing to score against teams like Gillingham, Shrewsbury, Port Vale or Bury... And so I can't imagine Aston Villa and Wolves and Derby County are fearing his goal scoring prowess based on the above facts.

The best strikers in the world would struggle to score in a team that creates no chances.

The best strikers in the world would struggle to score in a team that creates no chances.

Evans was only third top scorer for Chesterfield.

The top scorer had more goals per game than Evans

The second top scorer also had more goals per game than Evans

The fact is, he was the third best goalscorer in a team that got relegated. He consistently failed to score against the likes of Northampton, Wycombe and Swindon.... but yeah, maybe the Championship teams should all be very afraid.

:loopy:

The fact is, he was the third best goalscorer in a team that got relegated. He consistently failed to score against the likes of Northampton, Wycombe and Swindon.... but yeah, maybe the Championship teams should all be very afraid.

Personally not bothered whether any championship side is afraid, if he signs for us I think he will do the business, you may disagree, he has spent 3 years out of the game, with half a season behind him and a full pre season he will be a different player next year in my opinion. The only question that needs asking from our point of view is, is he better than what we already have? In my opinion other than Sharp yes he is.

Personally not bothered whether any championship side is afraid, if he signs for us I think he will do the business, you may disagree, he has spent 3 years out of the game, with half a season behind him and a full pre season he will be a different player next year in my opinion. The only question that needs asking from our point of view is, is he better than what we already have? In my opinion other than Sharp yes he is.

Sure, I remember what he was capable of before his career break. Any neutral would surely agree his performance this season has been pretty **** poor but you are right - it's entirely possible he still carries that potential to make an impact.

Other people have already raised the question of Billy Sharp. Superb season, and I reckon if he is ever going to be a hit in the Championship, surely it's going to be this time.... with United, after winning the league.

There's nothing for any other team in the Championship to worry about then is there?,is that enough to convince you now?

Only a few know how fit he is/was.

Nobody is going to come back after years out,flying.

Chesterfield could even have made his fitness situation worse by rushing him back before he was ready because they needed him to do something ASAP.