How many parliamentary seats will Labour hold on 9th June?

How many seats will Labour hold on 9th June?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. How many seats will Labour hold on 9th June?

• About the same (220-240)
    • It will be terrible for Labour - Less than 100
    • It will be bad for Labour - 100-220
    • Labour will gain but not a majority - 240-324
    • Labour's wildest dreams a working majority - more than 325

Which leads me to the question, how many seats will Labour have?

There are two options each for 220 and 240 and none for 325.

Good luck with that :hihi::hihi:

Labour is not letting local constituencies select their candidates; existing MPs will stand by default and new ones will apply directly to and be selected by the NEC.

The left wing dream of 'eradicating the Blairites' sounds over.

that just about sums it up..

Yeah OK, I didn't concentrate on the exact numbers on the poll, you get the idea though, no? It's not as though 1 seat makes a massive difference other than for a majority.

Good luck with that :hihi::hihi:

Labour will still have plenty, plenty, plenty more than UKIP who at least don't have any seats to lose.

Labour will still have plenty, plenty, plenty more than UKIP who at least don't have any seats to lose.

How many is plenty? Surely only a majority is sufficient?

Your right of course, which is why i will be tactical voting and voting Tory. Anything to keep Labour out.

Your right of course, which is why i will be tactical voting and voting Tory. Anything to keep Labour out.

I have been pondering on this,do you think the tories will have more chance of ousting angela smith than UKIP in our constituency.Im prepared to vote tactically as well to get rid of her.

that just about sums it up..

Well, at least it gives the left wing in the party something to pin the blame on when they lose the election. It couldn't possibly be anything to do with Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott..

I would hazard a guess that after the debacle that a new party arises, under the leadership of Tony Blair.

He has more followers than is given credence.

Guest sibon
I would hazard a guess that after the debacle that a new party arises, under the leadership of Tony Blair.

He has more followers than is given credence.

I think that it is possible that a new party might emerge in the next two weeks, depending on how radical the Lib Dem manifesto is.

This election, in common with others around the globe, will be an unpredictable beast.

Well, at least it gives the left wing in the party something to pin the blame on when they lose the election. It couldn't possibly be anything to do with Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott..

why should it? the members have chosen to take the party in a new direction, why should the Blairites not allow the course to be changed, the last time i looked it said they were a democratic party.

I noticed the day after May declared an election, one of Labours own MP's said he would not back Corbyn, how does that help the party? some of the Blairites want the party to get destroyed at the election, then they can say "look Corbyn is unelectable", even tho they are the ones making him unelectable