What's May up to? General election 08/06/2017

Well, there's this

dSGdV49.jpg

Fabulous - looking like that she'll fit in down at the Hen & Chickens:hihi:

Well this is an interesting turn up for the books....

It seems the ex Tory Chancellor George Osborne, in his new capacity as editor of the London Evening Standard, has chosen to turn his attack dogs on Mrs May.

He has printed a cartoon mocking her slogan 'Strong and Stable Government'

And he writes; 'There is nothing wrong with repeating election campaign slogans - the problem comes when the election campaign amounts to no more than a slogan.'

It appears this is all part of his efforts to undermine Brexit.

Interesting times we live in....

Well this is an interesting turn up for the books....

It seems the ex Tory Chancellor George Osborne, in his new capacity as editor of the London Evening Standard, has chosen to turn his attack dogs on Mrs May.

He has printed a cartoon mocking her slogan 'Strong and Stable Government'

And he writes; 'There is nothing wrong with repeating election campaign slogans - the problem comes when the election campaign amounts to no more than a slogan.'

It appears this is all part of his efforts to undermine Brexit.

Interesting times we live in....

Well it turfed him out of a job so I can see why. Thing is, mocking cartoons are, in the main, the only way to get at May. She isnt meeting normal people out on the street, theyre carefully picked, no journalists asking pointy questions, shes getting a free hit really just to trot out "strong and stable government" like a bloody robot. Similar to Trumps campaign in many regards. Dont like the media or opposing views? Dont talk to anyone with opposing views or the media!

He has printed a cartoon mocking her slogan 'Strong and Stable Government'.

I missed the cartoon; can we get it posted here?

---------- Post added 03-05-2017 at 16:52 ----------

Have I mentioned here already the inherent stability of the gyroscope, which she has attained through multiple U-turns?

Does May intend to just repeat the same sentences over and over for the next 38 days.

Yes, probably. Some sentences imposed are concurrent; hers are consecutive.

Le Pen got rumbled for plagiarism a few days ago,there's nothing for her to lose by lifting Mays speech and using it to boost her chances against Macron.

Just watching the news. Theresa May is claiming that some of the people in the institutions of the EU are 'misrepresenting' the UK, and trying to 'make trouble' for Mrs May in her lead up to the General Elections.

Is this an attempt by Theresa May to up the ante, and to make the EU the Bogeyman so that she can gain more votes from UKIP and Labour voters?

Just watching the news. Theresa May is claiming that some of the people in the institutions of the EU are 'misrepresenting' the UK, and trying to 'make trouble' for Mrs May in her lead up to the General Elections.

Is this an attempt by Theresa May to up the ante, and to make the EU the Bogeyman so that she can gain more votes from UKIP and Labour voters?

Who knows? This is the problem.

It was the same with the referendum, who was telling the truth and who was mischief making? How much of what was said was self-interest etc?

They have all lost our trust, and we don't know who or what to believe anymore. All we know is that our best interests are not necessarily at the top of their list. Unfortunately we are at a crucial junction in our history both in national and international terms. This loss of confidence in our leaders, and the Establishment, couldn't have happened at a worse time.

What seems to be pretty common ground however, is that we have had enough of them, and their bent system. I think we desperately want change and a fairer system.

Have I mentioned here already the inherent stability of the gyroscope, which she has attained through multiple U-turns?
You got better than a smirk, but just shy of a LOL, with that one :D

More and better, please :thumbsup:

You got better than a smirk, but just shy of a LOL, with that one :D

More and better, please :thumbsup:

I'll do what I can, but it is hard to beat the outstanding parodies that they are making of themselves. :(

That's beautiful poetry. I might steal.

That's beautiful poetry. I might steal.

It could be phrased better, but you cannot steal what is free to use. ;)