What's May up to? General election 08/06/2017

No one would ever classify them as anything but uneducated and misinformed, don't worry about that.

They would be mortified to be classed as sophisticated.

Probably because most of them would not know what it meant.

Oh please wind in your neck and stop the diatribes as your input, or lack of it, is just getting boring and predictable.

In February 1983 in Australia on the back of very strong opinion polls the Conservative Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser dissolved Parliament going for the same advantage that Theresa is after.

The same day, trailing badly in the polls Labour dropped it's leader Bill Hayden and elected Bob Hawke as interim leader, he led Labour to victory in March winning 75 out of the 125 seats in the House of Representatives.

Have the British Labour Party the cojones to follow suit and win the day?

Err, no not really, lets continue with the ideological internal navel gazing BS and allow the Tory's to win an overwhelming victory allowing them to claim a mandate to do whatever they wish.

Thanks for putting your own personal concerns before the needs of the people you claim to represent Labour.

And they wonder why not enough people vote for them?

Most of us are looking for a party we can have some reliance on, not a party that is more concerned with its own internal problems.

The Labour Party is being badly misled by a man who to all intents and purposes is out to destroy it.

If it did not seem so fantastic, I would almost think him to be a tory sleeper.

His antics over brexit have caused me, for one, to reconsider my affiliation.

Oh please wind in your neck and stop the diatribes as your input, or lack of it, is just getting boring and predictable.

If you are going to win by a landslide just sit back and relax for the next few weeks.

Let the democratic process progress and try to stop online hectoring and goading of people.

You've won already. Panic over ;)

I'd class them as brainwashed.

But sibon has just stated that the electorate are sophisticate, so we now have 2 remainers with differing opinions. ;)

I think May's got enough on her plate without having to fanny about with tv debates. :loopy:

Edited by krooner
Oops! wrong thread.

Let the democratic process progress and try to stop online hectoring and goading of people.

Just pointing out the blindingly obvious to a poster who inputs mainly insults in his posts.

That is not a diatribe. I am just making fun of you. You deserve it.

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 00:01 ----------

Just pointing out the blindingly obvious to a poster who inputs mainly insults in his posts.

An insult is only an insult if you want it to be.

You can only be insulted by someone you respect.

I'd class them as brainwashed. I've never seen so many people angry about questioning of their choice because they have 'carried out their own research'

Very few watch the news and programs like Newsnight, and then they wonder why they know **** all about politics etc.

Vote to leave the EU to lower immigration, when we already have a promise on immigration, but, but, but we still need farm workers, nurses, doctors, IT and construction workers.

But sibon has just stated that the electorate are sophisticate, so we now have 2 remainers with differing opinions. ;)

What is wrong with us having different opinions.

We're not like the Borg, like leavers ;)

---------- Post added 21-04-2017 at 00:05 ----------

If you feel that is the case (which I personally don't think it is - I'm seeing a lot of raw passion) then no need to respond in kind.

Have a bit of class.

Edited by I1L2T3

Guest sibon
What is wrong with us having different opinions.

We're not like the Borg, like leavers ;)

I was a pretty marginal remainer actually.

My opinion has become hardened by the ridiculous posturing of the Brexiters post-referendum. They seem to think that a 1.5% majority gives them leave to racially abuse people and to dictate absolutely the terms of Brexit.

They just might have another think coming in the next few weeks.

Very few watch the news and programs like Newsnight,

I have to admit I am one as I dont do TV and the last thing I watched was the very surprised David Dimbleby on the marathon referendum result night.

and then they wonder why they know **** all about politics etc.

That is not necessarily true especially as there are other forms of gaining knowledge besides TV, and no I don't mean the DM or newspapers either. :hihi:

I have to admit I am one as I dont do TV and the last thing I watched was the very surprised David Dimbleby on the marathon referendum result night.

That is not necessarily true especially as there are other forms of gaining knowledge besides TV, and no I don't mean the DM or newspapers either. :hihi:

Surprisingly I agree with you on these points. I will not make a habit of it though.