Meadowhall Was Going To Be A Prison?

i heard...when it was built that it was made like a prison incase it didnt suceed as a shopping area

Right. I get the feeling that I have been had well and truly. Having not lived here for an overly long time, I was recently visiting Meadowhall. While there I made, what I considered a throwaway comment, that Meadowhall felt like it had been designed as a prison. Upon which my mate, a Sheffield native, told me that that had been its original purpose. I laughed at this but then he pointed certain things out and it did make some sense. So what I want to know is do I owe my "mate" a damn hard slap for making me look foolish ? :hihi:

lol at this post :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

i heard...when it was built that it was made like a prison incase it didnt suceed as a shopping area

Thats what i heard and believed.

It wasn't a taxi driver that told you was it?

:hihi:

bad urban myth along with the body bags

and to point out most of the windows on the towers aren't real neither are the ones on the sides

Wow, i hope neither of you really believed that. Its a urban myth.

Wow, i hope neither of you really believed that. Its a urban myth.

Maybe I've taken both of them home in me cab.:) (not together of course)

I actually got told this when i went on a school trip to Meadowhall by someone that worked there and gave us a talk :confused: Then again knowing me i didn't listen properly and she might've been telling us about the myths, i don't know.

I actually got told this when i went on a school trip to Meadowhall by someone that worked there and gave us a talk :confused: Then again knowing me i didn't listen properly and she might've been telling us about the myths, i don't know.

Maybe it's true afterall, and all us Sheffielders winding people up , are actually telling the truth!

Mind you if I was in prison I wouldn't mind staying there if they kept the oasis open. (and that shop that sells enormous plasma screens)

ash

this is a first iv heard about the purpose of meadowhall being built lol iv lived in sheffield for 4 years and iv only been there twice but now i work there but its too busy and crammed lol