Meadowhall Was Going To Be A Prison?

Meadowhall Was Going To Be A Prison ???

A Few People Say Its True Is Was Going To Be A Prison, But If You Look At The Shape Of Meadowhall You Can Make Out Maybe It Was,

* The Thin Walk Ways Between Shops

* The Big Tower That Looks Like A Watch Tower

* The Big Walls And The Windows Right At Top

What Do You Think ???

I always thought it was Crystal Peaks that could have been a prison if the shopping centre flopped?? beside's a prison right next to the M1 for all to see.

I think someone will post saying "Yes - it IS a prison".

I would'nt go that far nick, a young offenders wing maybe especially with all those chaved up skally's!

Yes - it IS a... wait.

Actually, I've heard this before. It's probably just an urban myth, but I'd like to know if there's any truth behind it.

It would be quite a fitting start to the life of old Meadowhell. I've spent far too many hours of my life that I'll never see again stuck working in there.

No but it is a prison and also a church....

Yes people used to go to Church on Sunday, now they all rush to Meadowhell in their chaved up Vauxhall Corsas, and worship on the altar of consumerism, until they get so into debt on their credit and store cards, that they have to go on the Trisha show, then they blame their parents for never buying them NIKE trainers out off the Great Universal catalogue for 20 weeks at 1.99 when they were young. The tower could be a dome like St Paul's Cathedral. I think it will start to decline now, many shops are empty, and its not worth going there any more.

What shall we use it for when everyone is skint ???

I think someone will post saying "Yes - it IS a prison".

Along the lines of:

well, its full of shoplifters, car thieves and pickpockets, is grossly overcrowded, the food's awful and men do all in their power to avoid ending up there....

I've heard this rumour, but I can't imagine it being true. As said before, just another urban myth like the one about there being shed loads of body bags stocked there in case of a terrorist attack.

I drove past it the other week and the blocked off entrance where Savacentre used to be doesn't exactly advertise a vibrant place.

wasn't it partially funded by eueopean development money, I don't think they give that out to build prisons.

wasn't it partially funded by eueopean development money, I don't think they give that out to build prisons.

yes, it was partly funded through money from the European Regional Development Fund, as have many major development projects in Sheffield. It would qualify as an urban regeneration project. Whether a prison would qualify is a moot point, but i don't think it would necessarily be ruled out, because a new prison development would create jobs for people in the surrounding community. Prisons unfortunately are necessary amenities in all developed societies and in my view should qualify for funding in the same way as other projects.

Meadowhall Was Going To Be A Prison ???

A Few People Say Its True Is Was Going To Be A Prison, But If You Look At The Shape Of Meadowhall You Can Make Out Maybe It Was,

* The Thin Walk Ways Between Shops

* The Big Tower That Looks Like A Watch Tower

* The Big Walls And The Windows Right At Top

What Do You Think ???

I'd heard that it was built that way in case it flopped as a shopping centre that it could then be turned into a prison.