Ebay photo rejects.

Ebay have started rejecting my selling photographs after years of using the same camera and system in selling adds.

They tell me that my photo's are not now up to standard for some reason this despite my camera being top quality .

So things just get more and more complicated on the site .

any one else had trouble.

Ebay have started rejecting my selling photographs after years of using the same camera and system in selling adds.

They tell me that my photo's are not now up to standard for some reason this despite my camera being top quality .

Got a message other day saying photos would not upload and please do it again ,for selling eBay is getting poor now and expensive

I've just had a strange experience with eBay as well.

Bought and paid via PayPal for something on 27 March, but was notified the following day that the listing - featuring ten items - had been withdrawn by eBay, for reasons not specified.

The advice also stated that it "appeared that payment had not been made"....

The end of the message also advised that the seller was no longer registered with eBay....

Checking my PP account proved that payment had indeed taken place, so I lodged a complaint/claim.

Even though the seller was no longer registered, PP insisted that the seller had 10 days to respond to the claim....what a waste of time!

I finally got told that PP had "found in my favour" (!) two days ago, and that a full refund would be credited to my account....but I'd have to wait a further five days for it to appear!

Did they give any more detail about why your photographs aren't 'up to standard'?

If I was in your situation my first question would be to ask them why your photographs aren't up to their standard.

I've just had a strange experience with eBay as well.

Bought and paid via PayPal for something on 27 March, but was notified the following day that the listing - featuring ten items - had been withdrawn by eBay, for reasons not specified.

The advice also stated that it "appeared that payment had not been made"....

The end of the message also advised that the seller was no longer registered with eBay....

Checking my PP account proved that payment had indeed taken place, so I lodged a complaint/claim.

Even though the seller was no longer registered, PP insisted that the seller had 10 days to respond to the claim....what a waste of time!

I finally got told that PP had "found in my favour" (!) two days ago, and that a full refund would be credited to my account....but I'd have to wait a further five days for it to appear!

Thanks for that as I have recently had 2 of the same thing happen so will now need to check if payment had been made.

Thanks for that as I have recently had 2 of the same thing happen so will now need to check if payment had been made.

The main issue here is that stupid email ebay sent out to sellers - the one about 'active content' I got one of those and basically they are stating that you cannot have active content in your listings, I personally use MS Word for the descriptions and the good old standard JPEG with my trusty camera for photo's. Yet the email they sent to me was full of active content!!!!!!

I contacted ebay, yes I found someone to chat too, its hard to believe I know as they make it so difficult to do and Mr Ebay rep said there was nothing to worry about however they are now starting to get very worried because people I've been buying off for years, and I'm talking big sellers are leaving the site in droves for this very reason.

If you are a seller or indeed you do buy from regular sellers my advice is to take down their contact details as I did and I still buy my supplies from them just not through ebay.

Ebay seem to have overcomplicated a very good system of selling items and this will ultimately show in how much money they stand to lose

---------- Post added 27-04-2017 at 17:41 ----------

Did they give any more detail about why your photographs aren't 'up to standard'?

If I was in your situation my first question would be to ask them why your photographs aren't up to their standard.

As per my other reply, they send an email to you each month with the relevant listings on it which tells you about your active content.

To be honest I don't think ebay have been very clear on what they are trying to implement