Up and coming 5k runs

Hi i am a new runner , and currently training for a few 5k events , i run around 12 Min miles with odd stop and walk, does anyone know of any up and coming 5k events in Sheffield i could have something to aim for thank you

There's several Parkruns every weekend. It's a great way to start with events with zero pressure. Everybody is made welcome

Check the Parkrun thread on this forum which is actively updated by several other posters. If you need any advice or tips plenty of people will help.

Yup - Second for Parkrun - it really is welcoming to everyone, from Olympians to walkers, there's guaranteed to be someone around your pace there. It is timed, and you can register in advance to have your time recorded (or just turn up & run if you don't).

I'm not even sure if anyone else bothers to put on a 5k event anymore with parkrun all around the country every weekend.

Thank you very much i have registered with parkrun . My closest one is Hillsborough have you been there before if so what's it like? I like that you can have your time sent to you specially going every weekend i can see if I'm improving in time

Thank you very much i have registered with parkrun . My closest one is Hillsborough have you been there before if so what's it like? I like that you can have your time sent to you specially going every weekend i can see if I'm improving in time

Hillsborough is very good. It's a nice flat course and your times are usually available very quickly after you finish. The parkrun system even sends you an email telling you what your time was.

Have fun!!!!

Thank you I look forward to it just need to print my barcode off . Is there a link anywhere to route for Hillsborough one? Thanks again.

Thank you I look forward to it just need to print my barcode off . Is there a link anywhere to route for Hillsborough one? Thanks again.

The route for each parkrun is on it's site, for Hillsborough, it's just 3 laps of the park. Also, there is a website (google parkrun barcode) who will print your barcode on a plastic credit card type thing, or smaller key fobs. Handy, as printed paper won't last long in the rain!

Have fun. :)

Hi, Ridgeway Fun Run is coming up on 21st May.

Its quite a tough one, as its up and down the hills of Ridgeway!

You can register and find out more details here:

http://www.jumblebee.co.uk/ridgewayfunrun2017