America and North Korea

Or maybe it's just his negotiating tactics. He might succeed in due course, by treating Kim abruptly; let's see.

To be honest, the US seem well out of order here. How come the US (and their allies) are allowed nukes, but no one else (who isn't already strong enough to stand up against the US) is allowed them?

To my mind, I'm thinking it's completely appropriate for NK to have nukes, given the untrustworthy bully the US is. They'd be crazy to get rid of the only leverage they have against the US.

To be honest, the US seem well out of order here. How come the US (and their allies) are allowed nukes, but no one else (who isn't already strong enough to stand up against the US) is allowed them?

To my mind, I'm thinking it's completely appropriate for NK to have nukes, given the untrustworthy bully the US is. They'd be crazy to get rid of the only leverage they have against the US.

Because the US and its allies, won the 2nd world war.

What are you saying, that that legitimises or excuses their behaviour or gives them some devine right to act as world police and other nations should rightly subjugate themselves to the US?

What are you saying, that that legitimises or excuses their behaviour or gives them some devine right to act as world police and other nations should rightly subjugate themselves to the US?

Yep! USA and its allies lost millions of young men fighting for freedom, and they dam well ain"t gonna let that happen again.

Do you think North Korea having nuclear weapons is a good thing ? Please don't go off on a tangent , its a simple question

Can you imagine what Dwight D. Eisenhower would think of Trump?

Do you think North Korea having nuclear weapons is a good thing ? Please don't go off on a tangent , its a simple question

Simple question hackey, simple answer , NO.

Simple question hackey, simple answer , NO.

Question was aimed at Waldo . But I agree with you

Yep! USA and its allies lost millions of young men fighting for freedom, and they dam well ain"t gonna let that happen again.

It's an interesting perspective you have Padders. I agree, peace is good, but peace is hard to find while someone (i.e. the US) has a gun to your head. You know, in a way, kinda reminds me of the new respect the flag policy at NFL games (players taking the knee having to stay in the changing rooms). It's actually more like fear the flag! Respect, is only respect, when it's freely given without and cohension or strings attached.

If I was in change in NK though, I wouldn't trust the US anymore than Kim Jong-un does. I think keeping hold of, and developing their nuclear capability makes complete sense for NK.

---------- Post added 24-05-2018 at 22:48 ----------

For them, yes.

Question was aimed at Waldo . But I agree with you

Sorry hackey, but these are rogue states run by dictators and despots, we just have to keep our guard up.

Sorry hackey, but these are rogue states run by dictators and despots, we just have to keep our guard up.

Sorry, are we talking about the US or NK now? ;)