America and North Korea

Even if the UK's position was similar, Trump wouldn't make a fuss because he knows the UK is aligned with America's FP interests of curtailing Germany's political and economic influence in the region.

The US and UK see eye-to-eye on ze deutschland issue.

What are 2 countries with lame ducks as leaders going to do?

North Korea has a missile that can make New York

But they will need more that one, and at the moment all they have shown is only just what they have tested. They will also need something to put in it as well.

But they will need more that one, and at the moment all they have shown is only just what they have tested. They will also need something to put in it as well.

I think this missile went over your head, was a joke that's going round at the moment.

Haven't you heard the song New York, New York?

The news has been boring recently so its good to have some exciting news

They say if a nuke landed on the Chesterfield football ground then it woud have enough power to also destroy the Sheffield United ground too

So long as it doesn't touch the Wednesday ground that's all that matters. :hihi:

I think this missile went over your head, was a joke that's going round at the moment.

Haven't you heard the song New York, New York?

Sorry.. not heard the joke but will laugh now as I get it..:hihi:

So long as it doesn't touch the Wednesday ground that's all that matters. :hihi:

Pork scratchings anyone?

Why would you say no to ground improvements?

Back in the early 60s I was in the Air Training Corps based at Norton for a while.

It was during the time of the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

One day we were assembled for a lecture on what to do in the event of hearing the five minute warning siren go off.

The Flight Sargent delivering the talk spent quite some time instructing us on placing paper and curtains across windows to prevent blindness from the flash and injuries from flying glass.

He then went on to advise piling all furniture in the middle of the room with a small space in the middle for the occupiers.

During this quite lengthy lecture I can remember several of us looking at each other wondering about the adequacy of this advice.

The talk was concluded when he advised us to crawl into the centre of the furniture pile, assume the foetal position and " Kiss your <removed> goodby "!

I have remembered that excellent advice over the fifty odd years since, and my only concern is that my bones and joints have stiffened up somewhat and I'm not sure how successful I'll be in carrying it out.

Still, it'll give me something to be doing to take my mind off things.

Edited by nikki-red

Was it not the belief, held during the Cold War by world leaders, that nobody survives a nuclear war that kept fingers off the button?

Have Trump and Kim forgotten the

"MAD " dictum?

Edited by petemcewan

Back in the early 60s I was in the Air Training Corps based at Norton for a while.

It was during the time of the Cold War and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Always nice to have silver surfers on Sheffield Forum :thumbsup:

Do you still have an interest in flying?

Always nice to have silver surfers on Sheffield Forum :thumbsup:

Do you still have an interest in flying?

Only when going on holiday!

It was a passing interest of mine in my youth, at the time I was very interested but it's faded away quite significantly.

Went with some friends of mine - who are far more enthusiastic than me - to the very last airshow at RAF Finningley, where I attended a Battle of Britain parade with the ATC back in the day.

Remember the Cold War days quite well, sad to see the return of that ridiculous state of affairs.