America and North Korea

You forgot to tell us about the wholescale murders by the Bolsheviks from 1917-1928, then the wholescale murders by Stalin and his successors, from 1928 - 1989, and the killings of Chinese citizens by Chinese leaders from 1945 onwards. Deaths in the millions, but I don't know the exact numbers as your article lays claim to. All from the communist dictator side, with their unsuccessful struggles against capitalism.

Not to mention the Fascist dictators from 1933-1945 that appears to have taken 50-60 million deaths. I see your article did not blame the deaths in WW1 and WW2 on the US.

When you go to the site you gave there are articles criticizing NATO, "Globalism" etc, so I presume the writer's connections/motives go back into mother Russia somehow, as Putin's primary goals are to see NATO/EU dismantled, which he deems to be contrary to Russia's future plans.

The US "Misled" the Soviet Union into invading Afganistan ??? The US was responsible for North Korea invading South Korea ??? etc etc. Surely you must question such statements from the sources from which they are emanating ?

No doubt mistakes have been made such as Vietnam, Cambodia, Chile, Bay of Pigs, etc. But keep in mind the context 40-50 years ago, with communism being seen by Nato nations as devoid of human rights once the "Iron curtain" had descended, with most freedoms curtailed or eliminated. As I recall The Warsaw Pact was never inundated with applications from free nations to join.

Vietnam was part of the "Domino" thinking that prevailed then and the US saw itself as the prime instrument in safeguarding democracy and human rights. There were great political upheavals in south America in the sixties and seventies, and the US intervened, wanting to insure communist dictatorships were not established in its backyard, and that groups favourable to capitalism and democracy survived. Again in retrospect the motive can be questioned.

Observers such as ourselves have to keep things in perspective with todays happenings, such as eastern Ukraine and Crimea, versus events from 50-60 years ago

Edited by glennpickard
words missed

point taken, but Americans dont work that way, they just pay people to overthrow governments and install an American friendly puppet regime, they dont actually have an American flag flying in that country, but they may as well,

and according to this articel

http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-has-killed-more-than-20-million-people-in-37-victim-nations-since-world-war-ii/5492051

They killed over 20 million people in the process...

and they call Russia the aggressors.

You are beneath contempt.

You are beneath contempt.

When the argument is lost..

When the argument is lost..

You havent made one. You've just decided to smear, and then used the example of one of the worst dictators ever to "support" your case.

Beneath comtempt.

You havent made one. You've just decided to smear, and then used the example of one of the worst dictators ever to "support" your case.

Beneath comtempt.

Oh please. ...nothing better to offer but insults?

---------- Post added 03-05-2017 at 05:31 ----------

Observers such as ourselves have to keep things in perspective with todays happenings, such as eastern Ukraine and Crimea, versus events from 50-60 years ago

Yes we do, but look at more recent aggression by the Americans, Syria Iraq etc, they are trying their best to control the whole region, they dont have their flag flying over there, but we know who controls the middle east, or who is trying to

I agree, Iraq turned out to be a problem because it was rushed, there was no exit plan and no work done to consolidate the three factions inside the country as to post Hussein leadership. I hope it is a lesson learnt for the west, but Vietnam did n't seem to teach us much.

Syria is still on fire and no one now knows where it will end up. ISIS complicate a solution, and Russia's involvement magnifies the problem. Putin won't rest and will want Syria to continue to be a client state buying Russian weapons and providing naval and air bases for the Med.

Russia has spent most of it energy fighting the rebel forces opposing the Syrian government vs fighting ISIS.

I believe and hope ISIS will be soundly beaten (yes I know they will pop up somewhere else) and I am hearing some comments now about Syria being partitioned.

Iraq has a big stake in this outcome as do the Kurds. Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what Syria will look like in a years time ?

LOL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39815561

this bit tickles me

The plot included the use of "biochemical substances including radioactive substance and nano poisonous substance" whose results would "appear after six or twelve months", the statement said.

properly mental lol

---------- Post added 05-05-2017 at 15:48 ----------

We keep accusing Russia of being the aggressor, but when you compare the military bases that they have on foreign soil, it is very few, whereas the Americans have loads all over the place, they have loads in Europe ready to attack Russia, how many military bases does Russia have on the American border? the last i recall was cuba, and the Americans didn't like it...and we in the west call Russia the aggressors

similar thoughts from Noam Chomsky here

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/4/4/why_does_us_consider_iran_the

Biggest threat to world peace

Iran?

or the US?

Edited by melthebell

Chomsky has nothing new to say, we all know that Vietnam was a big mistake.

Iran is financing/supporting terrorist groups in various places. Not the only one you will say.

However believe the major US/west/Israel concern is with Iran getting a nuclear weapon with a delivery system. It has stated in the past it wants to annihilate Israel, so it would be a threat to world peace.

Same with NK, if it develops a weapon and delivery/guidance system, it has made threats to neighbours which have to be taken seriously. And it is paranoid, always has been.

The US is not threatening anyone with nuclear weapons or annihilation. When they say "Everything is on the table" I believe they mean that includes a military option as a last resort

America could level NK in an afternoon. No need for all the panic and scaremongering.

In the battle of dodgy haircuts, North Korea has now said, after trump poured petrol on the fire earlier this week, that's it's going to launch four missiles 30km short of Guam.

One other nugget that I read today that was trump tweeted that "my first order as president was to renovate and modernise our nuclear arsenal. It's now far stronger and more powerful than ever before....."

Really?!?!? It's overtook its stockpile of 31,000 war heads in 1967 from just over 4K in 6 months? Against a non-proliferation treaty as well? This trump fella gets things done(or is abig fat lying sack of excrement who will lead us to a nuclear winter).

Trump said that North Korea having the ability to strike at America with a nuclear weapon was 'not going to happen',turns out to be another lie.

Trump said that North Korea having the ability to strike at America with a nuclear weapon was 'not going to happen',turns out to be another lie.

Why so?

N.Korea don't have a viable launch-able Nuke or missile yet and to develop one will take time, resources and some expertise which they don't have.