Morley Street April 2017

Morley St is certainly the most damaged street I have ever driven down !

I think it will still be a bumby ride after the resurfacing, considering how many

speed bumps there are.

Where have you found this information? Have been unable to find anything

on Amey or Council websites

Speak to your local councillor, the Amey rep at the roadshows or ask the the supervisor of the lads doing the work. They will all tell you the same.

As a resident of Morley Street I wrote to and visited Amey. I went to see my local Councillor and had a vist from an Amey rep. I asked for the flags to be removed and the pavement to be resurfaced as did other residents. There were 221 broken flag stones on the houses side of the street from Walkley lane to the school. I was told they would take slabs from the other side of the road to replace the broken ones (not enough I might add).

More have now been damaged as the curbs have been replaced.

This road has school traffic four times a day and they are giving us a patched up stone pavement. crazy.

Well here we are two weeks ago the kerbs and the adjoining flags were lifted and the kerbs reset. Last week the road was resurfaced. Now they come to do the pavement and all that is being done is to replace the ones lifted to do the kerb . The rest of the footpath will remain in its decrepit state with some flags remaining broken and others repaired with tarmac patches. Thanks Amey for the new footpath Not.

Well here we are two weeks ago the kerbs and the adjoining flags were lifted and the kerbs reset. Last week the road was resurfaced. Now they come to do the pavement and all that is being done is to replace the ones lifted to do the kerb . The rest of the footpath will remain in its decrepit state with some flags remaining broken and others repaired with tarmac patches. Thanks Amey for the new footpath Not.

At least as a walker you can walk around obstructions. As a driver even driving slowly you couldn't avoid 'breaking your leg' (or damaging your car)

I ran along here earlier this week and they seem to have left most of the flagstones along the path on the side where the school is and tarmacked the edge of the path near the road. It looks like a total and utter mess!

As mentioned above Broncolives, its the Council who will not get rid of the flagstones. Amey can only work as instructed by the Council, and as it stands they say that Amey must not remove them, only recondition and reuse them.

The thing that really riles me about Morley Street is that the main road surface has now been resurfaced and lined but the most damaged sections of the road, the carriageway-wide speed bumps, which have a patchwork of previous repairs and deep potholes all over their surface, have been left unaltered.

They are unpleasant but probably not dangerous to four-wheeled vehicles, but I dread to think what could happen if a bike goes over them without being ready for the damage all over them.

The thing that really riles me about Morley Street is that the main road surface has now been resurfaced and lined but the most damaged sections of the road, the carriageway-wide speed bumps, which have a patchwork of previous repairs and deep potholes all over their surface, have been left unaltered.

They are unpleasant but probably not dangerous to four-wheeled vehicles, but I dread to think what could happen if a bike goes over them without being ready for the damage all over them.

Same as a few that have been done. Carter Knowle Road bottom end a few years ago, but recent example under the new people include Grenoside.

As mentioned above Broncolives, its the Council who will not get rid of the flagstones. Amey can only work as instructed by the Council, and as it stands they say that Amey must not remove them, only recondition and reuse them.

That is very true and if that were happening I would not be complaining. The fact is they are NOT replacing all the broken slabs or the slabs which have been patched with tarmac on the inner section of the pavement only those adjoining the kerb.

Latest piece of news - When AMEY did the work on Morley street they lifted all the kerb stones outside the garages and removed all the dropped sections prior to the new tarmac being laid. Once the road was laid the height from the top of the Kerb to the road surface is too high to be classed as a dropped kerb. I complained to AMEY about this issue and I have just heard from them with the news that they realise that this is a problem and they are coming back during the next school holiday to remove 60M of tarmac from the road and relay it to a deeper depth so that the all the garages are accessible properly