Morley Street April 2017

Latest piece of news - When AMEY did the work on Morley street they lifted all the kerb stones outside the garages and removed all the dropped sections prior to the new tarmac being laid. Once the road was laid the height from the top of the Kerb to the road surface is too high to be classed as a dropped kerb. I complained to AMEY about this issue and I have just heard from them with the news that they realise that this is a problem and they are coming back during the next school holiday to remove 60M of tarmac from the road and relay it to a deeper depth so that the all the garages are accessible properly

A close mate of mine has a garage on there and I mentioned to the other half that the kerbs weren't dropped for the garages. Common sense not prevailed again.

Also, has anyone noticed the very little work done on the top half of the street?

From the top house of the street very few flag stones have been even touched.

I walked down yesterday, and there are still broken ones untouched and one has been left at the bottom of our passageway that million and one kids must have tripped over as its that rounded off! (its still stood up about an inch!)

Well, as I expected, we have ended up with a mess of a pavement on here.

The 'pointing', if I can call it that, is crumbling already, big chunks of it just coming apart and gets crushed to sand under foot. Looks to me the mix was 90% sand and a fist full of cement. Broken corners of the flagstones, all disintegrating. Won't last 1 wet winter, as all the pointing will just get washed away.

Other residents I've spoken to all of the same opinion. Total bodge job.

Well, as I expected, we have ended up with a mess of a pavement on here.

The 'pointing', if I can call it that, is crumbling already, big chunks of it just coming apart and gets crushed to sand under foot. Looks to me the mix was 90% sand and a fist full of cement. Broken corners of the flagstones, all disintegrating. Won't last 1 wet winter, as all the pointing will just get washed away.

Other residents I've spoken to all of the same opinion. Total bodge job.

Yet I see Labour councillors are claiming that Morley St residents are "delighted" with your streets ahead work. Perhaps you should let them know.

Yet I see Labour councillors are claiming that Morley St residents are "delighted" with your streets ahead work. Perhaps you should let them know.

Where's that Pete?, I'd love to let them know...

Where's that Pete?, I'd love to let them know...

On Twitter, your councillor Neale Gibson (who to be fair to him is a decent bloke) wrote the following in response to a person saying that "in time outsourcing the road renewal will be seen as a problem" said:

I disagree, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people have complained to me. People in Walkley are delighted with roads.

Ask the people of Morley St what they think about their repaired York flags. Delighted with them, people very happy with the safer lighting

I guess if people like you don't contact him, he won't know any better. I don't know how often he visits the area, but I seem to recall he doesn't live there, so might not know on a day to day basis what's going on with roads etc.

Well Mr gibson needs to speak to his colleagues as I live on morley street and am far from delighted with the work in fact as far as I know he hasnt been down just the lady counsellor whose name escapes me.

Well Mr gibson needs to speak to his colleagues as I live on morley street and am far from delighted with the work in fact as far as I know he hasnt been down just the lady counsellor whose name escapes me.

Olivia Blake & Ben Curran are the other councillors.

Thats right olivia did come around and said she would come back when the work was completed. Over the past weeks we have had many men in high vis jackets walking up the road with their heads bowed. I dont know if they were looking at all the defects or trying to get away with not being noticed. The finished article of the footpath is appaling.

---------- Post added 04-07-2017 at 21:39 ----------

Well the Morley Street pavement saga continues.

it is obvious that someone has complained about the uneven and chipped flag stones etc. So now we have patches of pale pink gobbo adorning and flags which had a chipped corner, anywhere that there was a hole or uneven slab or by the look of it anywhere they felt like it has now got this splash of colour.

wonderfull and we just expected to get a well laid set of stone slabs to walk on. But no not Amey they have given us colour in many guises. Thanks for nothing.