Who Lived on Cross Addy Street

On 08/04/2020 at 20:21, old tup said:

Hi EccoGal ,what is your dads name I bet I know him ?.

Hi love, sorry I've only just seen this 🤦‍♀️

Dad's surname was Hardwick. Think they lived at 26 cross Addy st? 

On 08/04/2020 at 20:21, old tup said:

Hi EccoGal ,what is your dads name I bet I know him ?.

2 hours ago, EccoGal said:

Name rings a bell it was on the other side of the road from number 3 from where I lived at the other end of the street

Desy  you may remember my Aunt. They lived at number 16. Hazel & Terry Hall. 

No sorry EccoGal 

1 hour ago, desy said:

No sorry EccoGal 

No worries 😊

I just remembered a funny story from the sixties,I was waiting at Dave Patchets house on Cross Addy Street for him to get ready for our jaunt down town!.His Mother was telling me about an incident from the night before,the police turned up in force to arrest some bloke across the road from them!.Anyway he ended up on the roof trying to evade the boys in blue,now Daves Mum was a very nice naive lady who didn,t know what she said to reduce us to tears laughing when she ended the story by saying"I looked through the window and you couldn,t see nothing but bobbies helmets!".Cue hysterics from us and a puzzled look from Daves Mum!.

2 hours ago, old tup said:

I just remembered a funny story from the sixties,I was waiting at Dave Patchets house on Cross Addy Street for him to get ready for our jaunt down town!.His Mother was telling me about an incident from the night before,the police turned up in force to arrest some bloke across the road from them!.Anyway he ended up on the roof trying to evade the boys in blue,now Daves Mum was a very nice naive lady who didn,t know what she said to reduce us to tears laughing when she ended the story by saying"I looked through the window and you couldn,t see nothing but bobbies helmets!".Cue hysterics from us and a puzzled look from Daves Mum!.

I love your stories, Tup. You should write a book!

In the late 50s early 60s I knew a Mrs Patchett who was a cleaner in Wigfalls on  Middlewood  Rd

On 15/06/2020 at 13:54, Jim Hardie said:

I love your stories, Tup. You should write a book!

My mother use to go to the warehouse at Daniel hill. Left it for my father could collect it in the car later. When he went to pick it up .It had got .The police came and took a statement and said that this was not the first time washing had been stolen. Two weeks later she was asked to go to the house at the side of the shop at the end of Horam Rd. When she got there the house was full of clothing.

5 hours ago, desy said:

My mother use to go to the warehouse at Daniel hill. Left it for my father could collect it in the car later. When he went to pick it up .It had got .The police came and took a statement and said that this was not the first time washing had been stolen. Two weeks later she was asked to go to the house at the side of the shop at the end of Horam Rd. When she got there the house was full of clothing.

Daniel Hill wash house.

https://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s14828&pos=22&action=zoom&id=17629