Who Lived on Cross Addy Street

Is there anyone still alive that lived on Cross Addy Street or Addy street that was near it up to 1967.

I knocked about with a mate from Cross Addy street called Don Cardwell.He will be in his late 70s now.

A mate of mine lived on Cross Addy Street until it's demolition,David Patchet he was rehoused with his mother in the high rise flats off London Road!.

Hey old tup - my Dad used to be friends with David Patchet - he grew up on Cross Addy St along with my Auntie. Just came across this whilst having a look for some photos of the area .

Anyone remember the Whitby Hotel on the corner of Addy St?

Hi EccoGal ,what is your dads name I bet I know him ?.

On 08/04/2020 at 14:11, bullerboY said:

Anyone remember the Whitby Hotel on the corner of Addy St?

Use to knock about with Mick Ratley who's parents were landlords at one time.

Used to know Stuart Ward whose parents had the beer off shop on the corner of Springvale Road.

I have the date stone that was high above the doorway dated 1860 it can be seen on the old pictures

On 10/04/2020 at 17:19, diksey said:

Used to know Stuart Ward whose parents had the beer off shop on the corner of Springvale Road.

Use to go into the beer off. His dad was a little bloke balding with a mustache.

That's right, think his name was Cecil, he used to chain smoke Park Drive cigarettes. He used to light one up, put it down somewhere while he was doing something forget about it , then light another one up. They had a beer off on City Road when the shop was demolished.