What would make Sheffield Forum nicer?

Immigration!:hihi:

Seriously, I suggest live meeting, some Saturday or Sunday for discussions​ and beer/any drink will do

The cynics that appear once in a while can be a pain, but best to just ignore them.

Yes I would like to see some value come from the Forum. eg. there is a discussion going on now about littering in Sheffield and the problem that it is.

I would like to see a summary of the situation go to Sheffield MPs and ask them to address the problem, in writing, with the SCC, with copies to the Star etc

More pizzazz! :D

not everybody would like pizza?

maybe some nibbles tho

I think anyone whose post is deleted should get an E Mail informing them of it. In fact, ideally, if it`s a manual deletion (just one post being deleted) they should also get a brief explanation. Just the other morning I spent 20 to 25 minutes writing three posts (they`re all grouped together if nobody replies between them) and all were deleted with no explanation or apology. Let`s just think about that, I spend 20 to 25 minutes writing something and someone just deletes it in 5 seconds. I have to say I think this is high handed and discourteous, or worse. I am so annoyed about it I am at present wondering if I should bother with Sheffield Forum any more.

I think anyone whose post is deleted should get an E Mail informing them of it. In fact, ideally, if it`s a manual deletion (just one post being deleted) they should also get a brief explanation. Just the other morning I spent 20 to 25 minutes writing three posts (they`re all grouped together if nobody replies between them) and all were deleted with no explanation or apology. Let`s just think about that, I spend 20 to 25 minutes writing something and someone just deletes it in 5 seconds. I have to say I think this is high handed and discourteous, or worse. I am so annoyed about it I am at present wondering if I should bother with Sheffield Forum any more.

do you know how time consuming it would be to email everybody they delete a post from? the mods would be writing emails all the time, not feasible

do you know how time consuming it would be to email everybody they delete a post from? the mods would be writing emails all the time, not feasible

It can be done by automatic mail system. No need for writing mails. On the other hand, generic mail warning is not much a explanation

As stated above, the great majority would be automated E Mails when a thread is deleted. The question is, how many individual posts are deleted ? And how long would it take to advise of why the post was deleted considering how long it would have taken to read the thing(s) in the first place. I`m assuming the posts were fully read before being deleted ? If not it`s even worse than I thought. I have to say an automated E Mail wouldn`t have pacified me over the posts which got deleted on Monday morning. I was hopping mad, and still am. I say again, these posts took 20 to 25 minutes to write, and there was nothing wrong with them as far as I could see, certainly not all three of them.

I say again, these posts took 20 to 25 minutes to write,

and?

how many individual posts are deleted ?.

i imagine a lot, since theres a couple of hundred thousand users almost, its far larger than a lot of other forums.

As stated above, the great majority would be automated E Mails when a thread is deleted.

dunno about the software behind the scenes but im moderator on a punk forum and when somebody gets banned you can email them but its still manually done, written etc, even if sent from the forums software.

And how long would it take to advise of why the post was deleted considering how long it would have taken to read the thing(s) in the first place. I`m assuming the posts were fully read before being deleted ?

why should they, most forums you dont get told why, they just vanish. SF isnt special.

At the end of the day on here and others ive had post deleted for both being norty and unknown reasons, ive also had my fair share of bans, its forum life, stop moaning and move on.

Lifes too short to worry about why a post got deleted, if it takes you 25 minutes to write one...write a shorter one :hihi:

It may be nice to offer a notice of why threads were deleted if the recipient accepted it and moved on - but they won't.

It would turn into a discussion on ethics/morals/opinion/politics.

Its' clearly in the rules that the mods decisions are final.

(There was discussion in your thread that some of the content may not be appropriate following the death of someone so recently - but as i said it's personal opinion)

Mod Note

If you have any queries such as "Why was my post/thread deleted", then please ask at the Helpdesk

esme (Admin)