Wanted - reinforced glass for table top - ideas!!

The glass top on our rattan outdoor table was smashed during a storm. Does anyone know of anywhere local that would make a piece to fit the size we want?

Thank you!

Central Glass would be worth a call

Hi just google glaziers, Sheffield and there's a list of numbers. Abbey Glass I know does this.

M G P Mirror Glass Processors Ltd

Jericho Works,

Holme Lane,

Sheffield, S6 4JR

Tel: 0114 321 3587

The glass top on our rattan outdoor table was smashed during a storm. Does anyone know of anywhere local that would make a piece to fit the size we want?

Thank you!

Call Spearmint Rhino. They'll know where to get strong tabletop glass.

Strong enough to dance on. :hihi:

I'd recommend Abbey Glass on Chesterfield road...

M G P Mirror Glass Processors Ltd

Jericho Works,

Holme Lane,

Sheffield, S6 4JR

Tel: 0114 321 3587

I wouldn't use these MGP - I went in and ordered a piece. They said they would call me towards end of the next week when it was ready(how long for a small piece of standard glass??). They never called. I eventually called them on the Saturday. Guy said he'd call back in 5. I gave him an hour and called back but they'd shut for the day! If I hadn't already paid I'd have gone elsewhere.

Go to Abbey Glass- they cut whilst you wait apparently.

I wouldn't use these MGP - I went in and ordered a piece. They said they would call me towards end of the next week when it was ready(how long for a small piece of standard glass??). They never called. I eventually called them on the Saturday. Guy said he'd call back in 5. I gave him an hour and called back but they'd shut for the day! If I hadn't already paid I'd have gone elsewhere.

Go to Abbey Glass- they cut whilst you wait apparently.

I wouldn't go to MPG either ... for plain glass.

For a rattan table, you will be wanting a shaped piece of toughened glass, that cannot be produced there and then.

It has to be cut and then toughened.

That is what MPG do, and do well.

I have used them many times for exactly this purpose and they have done exactly what I wanted, when they said and at a lower price than any of the others.

Thank you!

Try the glass company on Holme Lane at the side of the park and ride, I can't remember their name. They've made me many a piece and are reasonably priced.