The best hot roast pork sandwich in Sheffield?

Can't say what the best is, because I've only used a relatively few hot roast pork sandwich shops in Sheffield. I'd definitely second the recommendation for L's Kitchen in Wisewood though - nice big, proper breadcake, decent slices of proper roast pork, nice crackle/stuffing/apple sauce - and a generous serving of crunchy roast potatoes chucked in. It's a heart-attack in a polystyrene box! Nice though..... :)

I remember when Beres first opened at Norwood, the bread cakes were like manhole covers and it had two kilos of pork and five apples on it for £1.50, now even their biggest sarnie with everything on it can be eaten in one single gulp and its about £9.

I remember when Beres first opened at Norwood, the bread cakes were like manhole covers and it had two kilos of pork and five apples on it for £1.50, now even their biggest sarnie with everything on it can be eaten in one single gulp and its about £9.

I agree. I had one of their 'famous' pork sandwiches the other week - I thought the portions were meagre for the prices they charge.

I like Sandwich Division on Division Street. Nicer pork, bigger portions for the same price as Beres.

I agree. I had one of their 'famous' pork sandwiches the other week - I thought the portions were meagre for the prices they charge.

I like Sandwich Division on Division Street. Nicer pork, bigger portions for the same price as Beres.

Sounds good Mister M, I'll have to give them a try :)

Roses the bakers at Millhouses, great big sandwich soft juicy pork and proper cracking much better than the cold Beres ones machine sliced with little bits of cracking dust, they even charge 5p extra for apple sauce!!

Butchers at Meadowhead. Get a large one and you won't need to eat again for a week.

I agree the butchers at Meadowhead is probably the nicest tasting pork sandwich I've had in Sheffield and I've tried most of the ones already mentioned.

I agree the butchers at Meadowhead is probably the nicest tasting pork sandwich I've had in Sheffield and I've tried most of the ones already mentioned.

I can second that mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh .

Going to have to go and get one now !

Bang goes my attempt to reduce my cholesterol - that and the bacon buttie I had at work yesterday...........

Just had to nip to Beres, a convenience call, still the pork sarnie was very nice, albeit a bit expensive.

Tried Roses and have to say the pork was superb, moist and tasty. The crackling was crunchy but not hard. Expensive? yes a bit, but no skimping on the quantity.

If I had to nit pick, the b/cake was a bit average, but I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Beres' pork sarnies seem to have had quite a bit of criticism on here and I must say that I too was a bit unimpressed by them. The sandwich itself is right enough, if a little meagre for the price - but the crackle "dust" is really off-putting! It's like someone got a bag of pork scratchings and blitzed 'em in a food processor. Totally unnecessary!

Mustn't be too critical of Beres though. Their pork pies are, without a doubt, the very nicest I've ever had in Sheffield, their sausages are good, I like their black pudding.... and they do those small, uncut loaves with the lovely burnt black crust on them! You don't see "burnt crust" loaves all that often these days.

Parkway cafe on tuesday do hot roast pork dinner with drink 5er. Or hot roast pork sandwich 2.60 or 3.20