The best hot roast pork sandwich in Sheffield?

The butchers shop on heeley green . they also do ace parkin

The butchers shop on heeley green . they also do ace parkin

Is this Wade Brothers, next to the pharmacy and opposite the Victoria pub?

I've been in Heeley so about 7 weeks now and not had a pork sandwich local to me

Meadowhead Butchers is excellent,Beres very poor for Pork Sandwiches although some of these other stuff is pretty nice albeit overpriced

I agree. I had one of their 'famous' pork sandwiches the other week - I thought the portions were meagre for the prices they charge.

I like Sandwich Division on Division Street. Nicer pork, bigger portions for the same price as Beres.

I have also thought the prices were a little expensive also.

Have you tried their sausage rolls? they take some effort to eat though!:hihi:

barkers the bakers at lowedges and greenhill top pork sarnies

No No Basset 1 they are cut on a slicing machine go to meadowhead meats all hand carved and enough meat for 2 sandwiches

Would have to say a landlady at my local 15 years ago as it was massive and totally scrumptious !

Is this Wade Brothers, next to the pharmacy and opposite the Victoria pub?

I've been in Heeley so about 7 weeks now and not had a pork sandwich local to me

that's the one

Beres' pork sarnies seem to have had quite a bit of criticism on here and I must say that I too was a bit unimpressed by them. The sandwich itself is right enough, if a little meagre for the price - but the crackle "dust" is really off-putting! It's like someone got a bag of pork scratchings and blitzed 'em in a food processor. Totally unnecessary!

I've now started to buy my pork sandwiches from Funks why I didn't do this before I don't know. They are tasty , cheaper and you get proper crackle that they prise off the top of the joint with the knife, yummy.

The only let down is you can't get one before 11am as the pork comes out of the between 11 to 11.30am but worth waiting for.

Edited by jaffa1

Which shop is that? When I used Beres they always had pork much earlier. In fact it is the only place I know of that does them before 11.

Which shop is that? When I used Beres they always had pork much earlier. In fact it is the only place I know of that does them before 11.

Sorry my mistake, I should have put Funks not Beres, changed it now.