ASDA Self-Service Tills

So use the normal tills then??

Hardly the end of the world :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They weren't manned

---------- Post added 06-04-2017 at 16:01 ----------

Think it would be easier and quicker to ask a member of staff :loopy:

There were none about :loopy::loopy:

Guest makapaka
Yes I agree. Walkley Asda is heavily reliant on the self service tills. At quiet times and when buying nothing that needs approving then I don't really mind, but it is very frustrating when it is busy.

Also, some people are queuing specifically for the tills at the kiosk because they want to buy cigarettes etc, but others aren't, which can get confusing at times.

Yes - totally agree.

The self service should be to provide relief to check outs not replace them entirely for me.

I agree with the comments about the Morrisons self service tills. I've noticed that scanning bagged fruit and veg seems to throw them a wobbly - I think because they don't recognise the weight of the item - and a member of staff has to authorise it. Very annoying. I ended up shoving all my shopping back in the basket and taking it to queue for a manned till last time this happened after getting sick of waiting for a (rude) member of staff to help. It's put me right off going in there! The ones in Tesco are usually fine though. And the staff are much nicer.

I must be the only person to like these tills lol. I have never had a problem.

I will use one of these tills when they pay me to use one. Why should I do the job for free and take work from an employed person.

I refuse to use them prices are based on service at a till , Ive stopped using WHSmith at station because of this and I walked out of Poundland because no tills were manned .

I use them and it doesn't ruin my day but they are terrible. Trying to get a bag through them is just far too laborious but at least I feel like it's earned its 5 pence.

Would you like a bag, what type of bag, how many bags, are you sure you would like this many bags? Do you have any photo i.d, you just need to pass a quick credit check, your interview for your plastic bag has been scheduled with the person overlooking all the self service tills, if successful you should receive your plastic bag within 3 to 5 working days.

And now they're kept underground in a vault that only one person in the world knows the combination to so waiting for someone to request a bag from takes ages.

I don't know if this is all but Asda ones in particular ask if you want to bag your item IMMEDIATELY after you scanned it. I was testing it yesterday, I bought some cereal bars which I have for breakfast at work and I tried to scan it and put it in the bagging area as fast as I could to avoid the bagging message. Couldn't do it. Hang fire for literally 2 seconds till!

Local Coop refuses to believe that you have placed items in the bagging area.

In busy times, a member of staff is fully occupied clearing the issues from the tills.

I refuse to use them prices are based on service at a till , Ive stopped using WHSmith at station because of this and I walked out of Poundland because no tills were manned .

Exactly.

I had a trolley full of shopping one night at our local supermarket and no tills were open. I asked a lady if she would open a checkout and she was most unhelpful - really off actually - so I said, 'oh well, I'll have to leave this shopping then', luckily, then a more helpful assistant came forward and offered to open a till.

In my line of work we repair POS equipment, and I have extensive knowledge of most SCO systems. However the biggest issue with almost all systems is the user. Generally if the onscreen instructions are followed it works, if you continually get bagging errors you have done something wrong!

However we are starting to work in and develop the next wave of POS tech, RFID. You'll simply be able to pickup everything you need and walk through an RFID gate which will pickup all the RFID tags and charge you. I give it 2-5 years and this will be the norm.

After the farce at Morrisons the other week if a till isn't open I'll ask them to open one or go elsewhere.

I used to work in a shop and have scanned through more things than I've had hot dinners but the Morrisons ones aren't fit for purpose.

Exactly.

I had a trolley full of shopping one night at our local supermarket and no tills were open. I asked a lady if she would open a checkout and she was most unhelpful - really off actually - so I said, 'oh well, I'll have to leave this shopping then', luckily, then a more helpful assistant came forward and offered to open a till.

My dad always says what he thinks lol. In Morrisons he had a full trolley and was told to go use the self service tills. In his no holds bared way he informed them either they open a till and process his shopping or they were putting the stuff back on the shelves lol. They opened a till lol