Amey in Hillsborough

Have they all downed tools or something? The pavements around here have been scraped away weeks ago, filled with dust (as per Ms Macbeths description) and then apparently left.

I noticed that some tarmac has been dobbed into a couple of the potholes on Far Lane this week. Shame they didn't bother with the equally deep pothole 3 inches to the left. :mad: the working practices of Amey really are a mystery.

The notices were put up again last week, originally due to start tomorrow, then changed to today. Our street is now almost devoid of cars, let's hope they turn up and do some work!

Work on my road was due to take place last Thursday and Friday 7pm till 5am. They came on Thursday night between 8 and 10pm, dug round a car that someone had left on the street and haven't returned since!

---------- Post added 15-05-2017 at 19:31 ----------

Ooh speak of the devil, there back!

Some of the the pavement has been finished. Hopefully they'll come back tomorrow and finish it. No doubt the road will be relaid at some point in the future. ?

They've taken far too long over this now. Dead leaves, berries, litter, dog poo and other assorted detritus will now be incorporated into the pavement surface, ready to make holes later on. Well done Amey.

Doing my road today apparently - nobody there by 8:30 though...

Doing my road today apparently - nobody there by 8:30 though...

And no doubt everyone has had to move their cars

I really don't know why they don't finish the jobs they've started before moving onto the next one, instead of causing chaos on numerous other roads whilst leaving the others in a state. Carnage in Crookes this morning, they've shut off a whole network of sideroads at the same time, lord knows where all the residents have managed to park.

Then again, seeing some of the Neanderthals they employ at close hand recently, one of which really couldn't understand my annoyance at them completely needlessly parking their van halfway across a (non closed) junction, I can't say I'm entirely surprised that their thought process is a little...slow.

I really don't know why they don't finish the jobs they've started before moving onto the next one, instead of causing chaos on numerous other roads whilst leaving the others in a state. Carnage in Crookes this morning, they've shut off a whole network of sideroads at the same time, lord knows where all the residents have managed to park.

Then again, seeing some of the Neanderthals they employ at close hand recently, one of which really couldn't understand my annoyance at them completely needlessly parking their van halfway across a (non closed) junction, I can't say I'm entirely surprised that their thought process is a little...slow.

They've finished the paths on our street. Well, about 3/4 of them (and it was in several stages over a few weeks). They'll have to come back to do the 1/4 they haven't started after the trees have been sorted out. Lord knows why they didn't do the trees first and then do the whole street. We'll have to go through the whole palarva again.....

The footpath on Wadsley lane as been resurfaced, all except the path under the big tree's that are below the horse & jockey pub. This 100yd stretch as a concrete bollard at either end, stopping them using the machines, what happened to manual labour. Will they be back?

Signs went up on Minto Rd today for work to start Thursday. Blatantly only two days notice when it should be five!