Amey in Hillsborough

just had a walk down Far lane and down rest of Wadsley lane, (about 2.30 ish) both got signs up saying roads closed. I don't know if its just me, but a can't tell what they are doing, it looks no different from yesterday apart from a few trucks parked up at the bottom of Wadsley lane. I have seen sign whats says roads in this area will be done for July, do they mean july this year, or is it sometime between now and July 2020.

Far lane had notices up yesterday saying that it will be closed for 3 days from

30 june 7am-7pm.which is tomorrow

Also in view of the amount of rain we have had over the

last couple of days would it be feasible to have the Tarmac lorries turn up

and lay it in that weather

Edited by bazjea

Get in touch with Amey and ask, I got a phone call back to explain that they were done planing and it was good enough. I said I'd take photos and if it all fails come winter I'll be sure to share them.

Rang them and they said an inspector would have a look and perhaps arrange for a sweep. It'll be interesting to see the outcome. Some pretty big stones being thrown up by passing vehicles.

Wadsley Lane is closed today.

They haven't put a sign up on Marlcliffe though until you are right on top of it. Great planning Amey. Would a sign at the other end of Marlcliffe be too much to ask?

half the new surface work is cracking already.

half the new surface work is cracking already.

Which half of the new surface in Hillsborough is cracking already

Which half of the new surface in Hillsborough is cracking already

:huh:

Hmmm...

... I'll have a guess that it's the top half! :confused:

Rang them and they said an inspector would have a look and perhaps arrange for a sweep. It'll be interesting to see the outcome. Some pretty big stones being thrown up by passing vehicles.

The notices said we had to move our cars last Friday, 30th. We went to Scotland that morning before they were due to start, we've just arrived back home six days later, the surface hasn't been done, and there are no signs on the road. Will try and catch a neighbour tomorrow to see if he knows what happened. Not impressed.

The new tarmac around me has been reasonably good, however my only annoyance is the water mains bursting within a few days after. The roller and vibrations must fracture the fragile pipes.

Therefore the road is dug up again withing week! Noticed it on quite a few roads.

Guess who the contractor was for Yorkshire water?

The new tarmac around me has been reasonably good, however my only annoyance is the water mains bursting within a few days after. The roller and vibrations must fracture the fragile pipes.

Therefore the road is dug up again withing week! Noticed it on quite a few roads.

Guess who the contractor was for Yorkshire water?

This isn't what's happened on Ben lane, its a spring, which nobody will redirect. Its been going on for years, and endless cycle of patch and run. :(

So the signs are up again around Hillsborough this time each sign is saying closed for 6 days .Can they Tarmac in the rain or will said signs be made null and void again?

So the signs are up again around Hillsborough this time each sign is saying closed for 6 days .Can they Tarmac in the rain or will said signs be made null and void again?

The man I spoke to from the Streets Ahead team suggested that bad weather was part of the reason work didn't get done before. We've not moved our car today and there's no sign of any activity even though the latest signs say work will start today.

I won't hold my breath!

They have changed the dates again this morning !