Amey in Hillsborough

So why single out two relatively quiet roads to be done at the quietest times, whilst other busier roads are being done at the busier times?

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 12:46 ----------

Have you got a link to it? And possibly a relevant section?

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 12:52 ----------

The different stages of work are done by different crews with different machines.

You have to move so that they can do the work. It's for about a week in total, it's really not that hard.

So long as they do the job right.

But Cyclone they don't come on the days they are posting on the signs about . I had to get up extra early on Friday to leave for work before 7am as stated on the signs . All the roads around us and I'm talking at least 8 roads had the same signage so it wasn't even possibly to park somewhere else over night . On my return from work said roads had not even been started on let alone finished . I was then posted an orange card saying they would be resurfacing our road on Monday ,they haven't even scraped it yet .I get that we have to move our cars so they can do the work but in such a built up area without driveways where the hec are we meant to move our cars to? Common sense says not to shut all the roads off at once especially if they are actually not starting the work .

I did google it thanks, and submitted a comment.

They phoned me back today and said that it is planed sufficiently and they won't be doing any more.

I'm going to post some photos on twitter and let people judge for themselves.

---------- Post added 23-06-2017 at 17:28 ----------

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh586/Cyc1one/2017-06-23%2016.19.03_zpskwntoahh.jpg.html

For example

and

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh586/Cyc1one/2017-06-23%2016.19.34_zps4wonwb70.jpg.html

The surfaces look like most that have been planed round here. Dorothy, Upwood etc. I wish I could post a photo of Garry Road, there are so many loose stones, not gravel, but large ones. Really big holes and all sorts of surfaces showing. It's the worst I've seen in the area by far. Tomorrow it should be finished according to the signage, but I won't hold my breath.

On a positive note, the extreme roughness has meant that drivers are taking it steady for a change. ��

Edited by Ms Macbeth

But Cyclone they don't come on the days they are posting on the signs about . I had to get up extra early on Friday to leave for work before 7am as stated on the signs . All the roads around us and I'm talking at least 8 roads had the same signage so it wasn't even possibly to park somewhere else over night . On my return from work said roads had not even been started on let alone finished . I was then posted an orange card saying they would be resurfacing our road on Monday ,they haven't even scraped it yet .I get that we have to move our cars so they can do the work but in such a built up area without driveways where the hec are we meant to move our cars to? Common sense says not to shut all the roads off at once especially if they are actually not starting the work .

That's annoying I agree. They've been close to the stated days here, rarely arriving before 10 and generally gone by 3, but the surfacing was happening yesterday and they started at 8 and didn't finish until 5, and it was on the day the sign said!

I'm not confident it will last given that they've surfaced over loose gravel and potholes along the centre line, but we'll see, I can always send them the photos again come xmas when the holes start to appear.

As a comparison Ms Macbeth - Dixon Road has been planed in the last few days, but the entire width has been done very thoroughly, mostly down to the underlying cobbles which they don't seem to be planning on replacing.

That's annoying I agree. They've been close to the stated days here, rarely arriving before 10 and generally gone by 3, but the surfacing was happening yesterday and they started at 8 and didn't finish until 5, and it was on the day the sign said!

I'm not confident it will last given that they've surfaced over loose gravel and potholes along the centre line, but we'll see, I can always send them the photos again come xmas when the holes start to appear.

As a comparison Ms Macbeth - Dixon Road has been planed in the last few days, but the entire width has been done very thoroughly, mostly down to the underlying cobbles which they don't seem to be planning on replacing.

It does, Dixon looks much better than most. Our notices have changed overnight, was due to be done by tomorrow. Now coming back 30th at the earliest.

It does, Dixon looks much better than most. Our notices have changed overnight, was due to be done by tomorrow. Now coming back 30th at the earliest.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... I'm not one of Amy's fans but the delay might be due to the weather forecast.

If it rains too heavily then the tarmac cools too quickly... or so I was told by a bloke in the pub! ;)

If it the same team that started deerlands ave don't hold your breath ,they did most of deerlands then for some reason left about 300 feet just scraped and no signs saying when they will be back

They finished resurfacing Crofton Ave a couple of weeks ago as planned. Very surprised to drive up it yesterday and see they've dug a massive hole to do some underground works. Is that some kind of record do we think?

Edited by Olive

cant understand why they they done so many roads at same time and left em with loose stones /holes on most of side roads , saw a lady trip and fall on them , and also told of a stone flicked up off a traveling car that hit n cracked a car window parked up .

Gary road looks like a bomb has dropped on it . Anyone know why it's so bad compared to the others around ?

Gary road looks like a bomb has dropped on it . Anyone know why it's so bad compared to the others around ? ��

That's exactly what we're wondering. The top half is by far the worst I've seen, I don't know how it can be resurfaced in that state.

Get in touch with Amey and ask, I got a phone call back to explain that they were done planing and it was good enough. I said I'd take photos and if it all fails come winter I'll be sure to share them.

just had a walk down Far lane and down rest of Wadsley lane, (about 2.30 ish) both got signs up saying roads closed. I don't know if its just me, but a can't tell what they are doing, it looks no different from yesterday apart from a few trucks parked up at the bottom of Wadsley lane. I have seen sign whats says roads in this area will be done for July, do they mean july this year, or is it sometime between now and July 2020.

Edited by oldman
spelling error