Amey in Hillsborough

I did google it thanks, and submitted a comment.

They phoned me back today and said that it is planed sufficiently and they won't be doing any more.

I'm going to post some photos on twitter and let people judge for themselves.

:hihi:

That's a good idea!

It's always better to get a second opinion from the experts on twitter than to just accept the word of people who do the job for a living... :roll:

It's called a planer, not a scraper. They plane the road surface.

You spend a lot of time online, I would have thought you'd know how to google Streets Ahead: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/roads-pavements/streets-ahead

Remember it's Amey who have to maintain it for the next 20 years, so how they do the resurfacing is largely up to them.

Without being pedantic, the machine scarifies the road surface, not planes it. As such, it's called a 'scarifier'. That's what they used on my road and every other one I've noticed anyway.

Without being pedantic, the machine scarifies the road surface, not planes it. As such, it's called a 'scarifier'. That's what they used on my road and every other one I've noticed anyway.

Yes, that's what they do, but, in the industry, they call them planers: http://www.powerplane.co.uk/our-machines

:hihi:

That's a good idea!

It's always better to get a second opinion from the experts on twitter than to just accept the word of people who do the job for a living... :roll:

I was going to tweet it to Amey, so they can see exactly what I'm talking about.

But you can see the very obvious potholes that have been left in the centre of the road for yourself.

You know what else experts did recently? They put some cladding up on some buildings. Perhaps we shouldn't question though, experts right... :roll:

And the experts at Amey are busy cutting down trees in the name of the profit. Companies working for the public need public scrutiny, it helps keep them honest.

Edited by Cyclone

Amey are working backwards ie Langsett Avenue running from Middlewood Road to Worrall Road a main road that has got to be one of the worst roads for potholes etc in Sheffield .....what do amey do?Decide to do all the side roads 1st ...Grove ave ,Milden etc

It will be interesting to see when they plan to do the said road

Absolutely shocking and pathetic planning and workman ship,Grove Ave etc have had/in the process of having new tarmac on the roads done,what about the pavements and kerbs

I've heard that they're waiting for the school holidays, although why that would make sense I don't know.

Pavements and roads have been done separately in most places though.

Edited by Cyclone

Guest makapaka
I was going to tweet it to Amey, so they can see exactly what I'm talking about.

But you can see the very obvious potholes that have been left in the centre of the road for yourself.

You know what else experts did recently? They put some cladding up on some buildings. Perhaps we shouldn't question though, experts right... :roll:

And the experts at Amey are busy cutting down trees in the name of the profit. Companies working for the public need public scrutiny, it helps keep them honest.

Have a read through NRSWA that will most likely give you an indication of whether the work is compliant.

Myself and people I have spoken to are miffed because they have to find alternative parking 12 hours a day. I worked it out roughly we have been asked to move our cars for over 130 hours for them to actually work on it for maximum 6 hours. I presume there is an explanation as to why they cant just start the job and finish it. The fact they have to maintain it for 20 years means we have more disruption more often when they have to come back and do it again.

I've heard that they're waiting for the school holidays, although why that would make sense I don't know.

Because its the quietest time of the year on the roads, so working then minimises traffic delays.

So why single out two relatively quiet roads to be done at the quietest times, whilst other busier roads are being done at the busier times?

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 12:46 ----------

Have a read through NRSWA that will most likely give you an indication of whether the work is compliant.

Have you got a link to it? And possibly a relevant section?

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 12:52 ----------

Myself and people I have spoken to are miffed because they have to find alternative parking 12 hours a day. I worked it out roughly we have been asked to move our cars for over 130 hours for them to actually work on it for maximum 6 hours. I presume there is an explanation as to why they cant just start the job and finish it. The fact they have to maintain it for 20 years means we have more disruption more often when they have to come back and do it again.

The different stages of work are done by different crews with different machines.

You have to move so that they can do the work. It's for about a week in total, it's really not that hard.

So long as they do the job right.

been driving around my neighbourhood (Longley, shiregreen) for the last few years and the roads have been disgracefull. they have just resurfaced (about time) the Longley area. and I have to say what a good job they have done, blimey its like driving on a cushion of air.

Guest makapaka
So why single out two relatively quiet roads to be done at the quietest times, whilst other busier roads are being done at the busier times?

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 12:46 ----------

Have you got a link to it? And possibly a relevant section?

---------- Post added 24-06-2017 at 12:52 ----------

The different stages of work are done by different crews with different machines.

You have to move so that they can do the work. It's for about a week in total, it's really not that hard.

So long as they do the job right.

I'm not sure how to post a link but if you just google it you will find it no problem.

It's quite a big document but well indexed so you should be able to find the reinstatement spec quite easily - I've had no trouble doing so in the past.