Amey in Hillsborough

they have scraped out our footpaths a week ago filled them to the top with black ash,so that when they do put the tarmac on it will be as thick as a sheet of bronco toilet paper,ooh just be carefull on the roundabout up from costco nr parkway, in the left hand lane as you come round to go up to the parkway, there is is the deepest hole ive ever hit thought the wheel had fell off watch out for it

On Eskdale Rd (off Leppings Lane) notices were changed yesterday and leaflets posted at 2.15pm advising work will start today not April 18th and for 8 days not 4 days. Eskdale Close (side road off Eskdale Rd) notices are currently still showing April 18th. The initial notices were only posted on Monday I think so too late for anyone taking a longer Easter holiday. What people away on holiday during Easter school hols are supposed to do about moving their cars with 1 days notice I don't know. Surely they will at least not have to pay release fees if they are towed away.

On Eskdale Rd (off Leppings Lane) notices were changed yesterday and leaflets posted at 2.15pm advising work will start today not April 18th and for 8 days not 4 days. Eskdale Close (side road off Eskdale Rd) notices are currently still showing April 18th. The initial notices were only posted on Monday I think so too late for anyone taking a longer Easter holiday. What people away on holiday during Easter school hols are supposed to do about moving their cars with 1 days notice I don't know. Surely they will at least not have to pay release fees if they are towed away.

Parking Services should not tow without there being evidence that the notices giving commencement date have been up for the agreed period (I seem to recall it's 5 days)

If a car is towed, the owner does need to pay the penalty and release fee (£140 in total)plus any storage fees, but they can appeal and be refunded if they are successful.

I've pointed out your post to the parking enforcement control room team, so they should be aware.

We got one saying 24th on Fielding. Hate it when they do this - it's bad enough to park as it is! Suppose it needs doing though...

As a resident in this area (as mentioned by OP) I'd just like to say - job well done. Not perfect, but the pavements are nice now. Now just the road itself to go and the area will look a lot smarter.

Yes same in Crookes For 2 days all cars moved but no work done

There were notices on our street from the weekend saying work was being carried out on our pavements from 5th April for two days. No vehicle parking allowed from 7am til 7pm. We had individual notices put through doors yesterday telling us work was to start today. There wasn't a car to be seen by 7am. I've been out most of today, when I came home at around 5pm, all the notices had gone, but no work has been done. We had the pavements scraped and a rough layer of grit laid a couple of weeks ago, and assumed the top layer would be laid today/tomorrow. I'll try and find out what the problem is via phone tomorrow.

However, I was wondering if this has happened elsewhere?

I suspect they are behind schedule and are desperately trying to get back on time absolutely loads being done in S8 too,I imagine there are penalties if they don't complete on time so they are shipping in labour and vehicles from other areas.

You need to keep checking the notices because they keep changing the dates depending on how quick they get throug the work

Three weeks on and the black grit/dust has disappeared already off some parts of the pavement. We've not had much rain, but enough to wash some off and into the road, and I suspect it will need to be topped up again. Not sure how that's a good use of resources! Apart from that, it's getting tracked in on shoes.

I emailed one of the local councillors a few days ago, perhaps he can explain why the work is now so disjointed. When they started, I visited a road off Walkley lane regularly, and the work was done without big gaps between stages, as it should be.

It's quite slippy and uneven to walk on as well !