Chris Sofetly Of Hillsbrough Area

Chris Softly was my mentor whilst I did my apprenticeship as a Joiner. I am now in my early 70's so Chris must be if he is still on Fullers Earth be in his 80;s he was married and had a daughter named Jennifer. Who he adored along with his wife . Even after all these years Chris still crosses my mind I would love to hear from anyone who knew Chris he lived in Hillsborough near Penistone road . He played the guitar and sang not to bad was a soldier in The Guards and wore a Busby head piece if that helps to describe my long lost friend .. Trevor Fielding

Sorry did'nt know of Chris Sofetly . . .

. . . but recall a Trevor Fielding .

A distinguished middle distance runner up to half-marathon distances.

With Hallamshire Harriers in his prime.

I knew Chris from 1960 and he worked for Bertram and Illingworhs i will let Young Chris Softley fill you in on his dad.

I knew Chris from 1960 and he worked for Bertram and Illingworhs i will let Young Chris Softley fill you in on his dad.

Think your getting him mixed up with his brother in law,my Uncle, Harry Pulfrey, my dad never worked at Bertram and Illingworth's

Chris he worked on Beeley rd dint he ,i knew Harry Pulfrey you all lived on Bickerton rd I knew your dad before you did ahaha.and your mum.Pulfreys had a daughter called Barbara.Your dad had a motorbike and sidecar when i first knew him.

Edited by bullerboY

Chris he worked on Beeley rd dint he ,i knew Harry Pulfrey you all lived on Bickerton rd I knew your dad before you did ahaha.and your mum.Pulfreys had a daughter called Barbara.Your dad had a motorbike and sidecar when i first knew him.

spoke to my Mum about this and no he never worked there.

Trevor, did you get my message?

Remind me where he worked he was a foreman joiner that i do know and i serviced and MOTd his cars for years.

Got your message Chris I will reply through message to you .

---------- Post added 08-04-2017 at 21:38 ----------

Thankyou Chris junior,

You have filled in some spaces that where missing in my thoughts on Chris ( your dad ) . I will give you my recollections of the man who as lived in my mind for a long time. when Chris took me under his wide wings I was 15 he took me through my puberty years, Chris loved his wife with a passion, unusual for a man in the 60's era, I took from him the same passion to be who you are not what others expect. When his daughter was due you would have thought it was Chris that was carrying the child, he did not sleep well, nor did he when Jenny was born. He loved his wife with a passion. He cared not what others said to him nor did it change him. Pam was his girl I would have thought he wrote a song about his wife and his daughter. I remember he had a motor bike and side car and graduated into a car. maybe a Austin forgive me its a while ago now. Has you said he worked for some one in Loxley that's when I saw him I was with a guy who I was in business with so it was a surprise to see Chris . That's the moment I regret not asking him if we could stay in touch. Not like today we would have exchange mobiles and friended on FB and exchanged email addresses. I particularly liked that they had some golden time at the caravan, Chris was a Park drive cig smoker I think. It was normal to smoke in those days Ok some did some did not. It was some time later that they told us it KILLED people . I may never travel to the North of England again even though I will be in London this year. I would have met Pam but I would have been in my teens . Give her my love she was a part of my growing years and your dad was and always will be in my memory ..

Given the time and opportunity Chris junior I will speak to you again ..

Regards

Trevor Fielding