Wednesday v Newcastle

How did that work out?

Surely you don't need me to tell you.:rolleyes:

Guest sibon

It is nice to get a 2-1 win, in an important game, on Grand National Day.

Can anyone remember if we've ever done that before?

How did that work out?

Bookmakers 2 - Newcastle United 0

Edited by stpetre
add

Will Carlos pick the same side the next game,as his favourite songs seem to "Changes"

It is nice to get a 2-1 win, in an important game, on Grand National Day.

Can anyone remember if we've ever done that before?

Lol, it might have been Grand National Day but there were 39 non starters, 50 if you count our opponents. :)

Watched the game on Sky and we played far better than Newcastle and overall deserved the win, the team played great football to win.

I was at St James on Boxing Day and we bossed them we did not play them off the park so it was nice to see a football performance today. Well done lads.

Fingers crossed for the remaining games.

How come it wasn't a sell out as they only allocated Newcastle a few thousand ? (Pertinent question as I'm a far away Owl.)

Televised match, expensive tickets, didn't look as though Newcastle sold out, some Wednesday fans saving their pennies for Wembley (perhaps). I thought there would be 30,000 but still a great atmosphere.

Will Carlos pick the same side the next game,as his favourite songs seem to "Changes"

mostly the same side today

I wasn't advocating that team to be picked...i was second guessing Carlos's selection...

If Pudil is fit he would start every week for me....i'm not overly keen on Fox

It wasnt pretty on Tuesday,but we had to win...same as tomorrow..

All of em played well today,but well done Daniel Pudil .. Back to his form of last season ... Blowing out of his ass in the last 10 minutes though..:hihi:

still a long way to go but looked good today from what I watched . lets not forget Newcastle are a good side and will be going up . can swfc join them I'm 50/50 if they can make play-offs first , Then is luck they need if they do get into play-offs , if not then its the Big games Vs that other side in Sheffield;):P

Televised match, expensive tickets, didn't look as though Newcastle sold out, some Wednesday fans saving their pennies for Wembley (perhaps). I thought there would be 30,000 but still a great atmosphere.

Didn't think we'd sell out with tv and ticket price,not sure if Toon sold out but if so we could have dropped a clanger by not giving them all the West stand,still a great crowd though and some clubs would give their right arm for crowds like that.

Edited by ukdobby

Well done Wednesday great result. Looking at the fixtures for yourselves and Fulham you'd have to fancy Wednesday to finish top six, Fulham have a difficult run in.

I'd have thought Preston might have been a threat but their defeat yesterday has killed them off IMO.

Derby are the form team but it's probably too late for them courtesy of clown prince McClaren.

Derby have still to play at Hillsborough that could be a key fixture.

Looks really interesting at the top of the Championship, bar the top two

---------- Post added 09-04-2017 at 07:57 ----------

still a long way to go but looked good today from what I watched . lets not forget Newcastle are a good side and will be going up . can swfc join them I'm 50/50 if they can make play-offs first , Then is luck they need if they do get into play-offs , if not then its the Big games Vs that other side in Sheffield;):P

Wednesday have two extra points ( I think) and Fulham have a horrendous fixture run in, so you should qualify