Political Correctness Gone Mad!!

Is it me or what,all the hue har about the comment David Moyes made jokingly to the lady interviewer seems to be o.t.t. just a tad!.She was laughing with him about it quite clear for anyone with eyes and ears to observe,yet to listen to some people he has committed a heinous crime deserving a flogging!.Come on some people nowadays have had a sense of humour bypass,you can,t open your mouth nowadays without somebody taking umbrage and of course Gary Lineker has to have his ten penceworth,give me strength to carry on!.

Is it me or what,all the hue har about the comment David Moyes made jokingly to the lady interviewer seems to be o.t.t. just a tad!.She was laughing with him about it quite clear for anyone with eyes and ears to observe,yet to listen to some people he has committed a heinous crime deserving a flogging!.Come on some people nowadays have had a sense of humour bypass,you can,t open your mouth nowadays without somebody taking umbrage and of course Gary Lineker has to have his ten penceworth,give me strength to carry on!.

If you think a 'joke' about slapping a woman is funny in a country where 2 women every week are murdered by a partner or former partner and 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence sometime in their life is funny, then I've got news for you.

You're old, a bit of a dinosaur and rather sad. It isn't the fifties anymore - and most men have grown up a bit since then.

I'm with the OP.

Some people want to go out of their way to be offended.

I'm glad to see that the recipient of the comment was able to take it as a light hearted remark with no malice intended.

Its the type of banter that has gone on in football forever and still does, Its just that with an increase in women entering this world, its being made an issue, but most women are not the delicate flowers that some people think they are. This particular woman, to her credit, hasn't even complained.

Edited by Guest

If you think a 'joke' about slapping a woman is funny in a country where 2 women every week are murdered by a partner or former partner and 1 in 4 women will experience domestic violence sometime in their life is funny, then I've got news for you.

You're old, a bit of a dinosaur and rather sad. It isn't the fifties anymore - and most men have grown up a bit since then.

Please can you provide a list of suitable topics for jokes.

Thanks.

(Not I haven't heard or seen the David Moyes joke, but jokes usually have a subject that is the butt of the joke)

Halibut, old and a dinosaur too I think that may be ageism correct me if I,m wrong!.Having read your posts over the months you don,t seem to agree with anyone,you are what we oldies call a bit of a #### stirrer,if you had no one to talk to you would fall out with yourself!.You are a sad little person who I wouldn,t bother talking too so please do one and do everyone a favour!.

Halibut, old and a dinosaur too I think that may be ageism correct me if I,m wrong!.Having read your posts over the months you don,t seem to agree with anyone,you are what we oldies call a bit of a #### stirrer,if you had no one to talk to you would fall out with yourself!.You are a sad little person who I wouldn,t bother talking too so please do one and do everyone a favour!.

It wasn't Halibut that started a contentious thread.

If you are going to call him out for an attack ad hominem it doesn't work if you end up do the same..:)

I'm a bit of an oldie myself and I think in world where sports people are looked upon as role models they should be more careful abut what they say and do.

By talking about giving a woman a slap, even in a joking fashion, there are many of diminished intelligence who will take it as meaning it's OK to threaten and abuse women.

I'm a bit of an oldie myself and I think in world where sports people are looked upon as role models they should be more careful abut what they say and do.

By talking about giving a woman a slap, even in a joking fashion, there are many of diminished intelligence who will take it as meaning it's OK to threaten and abuse women.

Got bigger problems if people look up to David Moyes :hihi:

Is he allowed to say it to a man?

Got bigger problems if people look up to David Moyes :hihi:

Is he allowed to say it to a man?

This is the whole problem of this non-issue called Political Correctness.

Nobody is stopping anybody from saying anything.

However, when someone does say something inappropriate, such as threatening to hit a woman, then they leave themselves wide open for critical comment.

Does that make it any simpler?