HELP! - Contact Details - John O'Hara (& The Playboys)

Yes Brian Hart was joint manager with Tony French.Last I heard of Brian several years ago, he was running a bar in Malaga, Spain with his wife Mo. I, Bill ( sweetness )Mathieson played bass with the Playboys from 1958 and left new years eve 1969. Davy McHarg still plays drums, resident at the Arundel WMC Sheffield. John is still on the go tho part time now. Billy Simpson guitar/voc.,lives up Carlyle way,plays locally. Bobby Cambell keyboard/guitar/voc. retired from the scene a few years back,lives Dronfield way.Pete Green tenor sax lives in a south coast village and dabbles a bit in the local scene. Pete Cambell guitar/voc.had a taxi business in London last time I heard. Denis the coloured sax player we had when we first came to Sheffield lives in London. If you want to see the original Playboys who came to Sheffield 1966, look up youtube.com under John O,hara video. It was from germanys version of Top of the Pops. I don,t know much about the Playboy personnel from the 70,s onward but they changed so often John could have had a 60 piece orchestra made up from them. I,m trying to find a film/video of us on Colour me Pop On BBC 1968 which has been deleted from BBC archives. Anyone copied it from the telly?? and still has it ???.

Blast from the past that name Tony French. I knew both Tony and John.

in the 80's I was wrestling for a female group managed by Tony French. Met John O'Hara a few times and his roady at the time was a guy called Graham - we had a brief fling at the time. Went to see John playing at a pub in wincobank?? such a long time ago. - fond memories

john ohara played the staffordshire arms on soby st earlier this year on his own

Please tell us more about the wrestling group!!!!

in the 80's I was wrestling for a female group managed by Tony French. Met John O'Hara a few times and his roady at the time was a guy called Graham - we had a brief fling at the time. Went to see John playing at a pub in wincobank?? such a long time ago. - fond memories

John and wee Davy McHarg, Bill Mathieson, Bobby Cambell ( all 70 this year )(and Pete Green all now retired from the music scene. John, Davy, Bill still in Sheffield, Bobby in Dronfield and Pete is down Bournemouth way. Haven,t heard from Billy Simpson for years but believe still in Carlisle. Manager Brian Hart died 2010 and buried in Dronfield.

Hi Bill hope your ok mate, give us a call soon for a get together with John Dave and yr good ladies, talk soon.

Tanz

wow i remember tony is he still with us he must be knocking on now. last i heard of him he was running an agency in rotherham

Update on the Playboys.

Paul Tansley of Sheffield Live has taped interviews with John,BILL,Bobby and Pete Green along with Glenn Dale of the Fortunes and will play some of their records including the very first record Mr Moonlight 1963.

Should be broadcast sometime this year.

There are also 3 video tracks on Youtube from 1965 on Germanys *Beat Club* ( their version of Top of the Pops ) under John O,Hara and the Playboys.

A history of the band 1958-1970 can be found on http://www.rockingscots.co.uk.

Just click on * The Playboys *

Update on the Playboys.

Paul Tansley of Sheffield Live has taped interviews with John,BILL,Bobby and Pete Green along with Glenn Dale of the Fortunes and will play some of their records including the very first record Mr Moonlight 1963.

Should be broadcast sometime this year.

There are also 3 video tracks on Youtube from 1965 on Germanys *Beat Club* ( their version of Top of the Pops ) under John O,Hara and the Playboys.

A history of the band 1958-1970 can be found on http://www.rockingscots.co.uk.

Just click on * The Playboys *

Well done Bill - good to read the History!Must be important to you.The Playboys were a big part of our lives in the 60s - Weekends werent the same if you were out of town!

Pete Cambell guitar/voc.had a taxi business in London last time I heard. .

I'm hoping to get in touch with Pete Campbell and was wondering if you could help Bill. Pete is an old friend of my dad's from Liverpool and he'd love to get back in touch with Pete if he's still going strong. Cheers.

Hi,

I'm Pete Campbell's niece, my uncle owned driving schools up in London, and sadly passed in January 1991.

I'd love anymore information and stories on him if anyone has any! :)

Regards

Can anyone help me ? Where O Haras Playboys managed by Major Brian Hart? if so what happened to him?

I believe ex Army Major Brian Hart used to manage 'Bitter Suite' or at least one of Barry Marshall's groups before .

Hi,

I'm Pete Campbell's niece, my uncle owned driving schools up in London, and sadly passed in January 1991.

I'd love anymore information and stories on him if anyone has any! :)

Regards

Saddened to hear that but glad to have at least got in touch with one of Pete's relatives. I'll let my dad know the news and see if he has any stories regarding your uncle. I know they used to write to each other when Pete was in Germany (possibly Hamburg).