Deceased property and property within

If a person buys a deceased estate which has been empty for some time but it has items within it could one automatically assume those items come with the house if you state to selling agent you will clear the property out as I've just bought a property which has items within ,how would I stand if say a person claims to be a relative of the diseased wants to claim an item ?

anything that you buy with the house should be listed in the contract, if there are things that you are not sure of, have your solicitor/conveyer contact the vendor.

anything that you buy with the house should be listed in the contract, if there are things that you are not sure of, have your solicitor/conveyer contact the vendorntac.

If i bought i property and there were things left in it you can bet its because they dont want them and hope you will clear it out happens all the time , If you found anything of value good luck :hihi:

If you contact you contact your solicitor to ask vendor he will bill you for his time and that aint going to be cheap but if it makes you happy go ahead / Hitler risked it and they never caught him so be a devil .:hihi::hihi:

Edited by spider1

From personal experience, when you buy a house the previous owner is responsible to remove all the furniture etc before contract exchange unless stated on the contract.

Everything else that's left in the house belongs to you. You and the previous owner you should not exchange contracts if there are any outstanding actions.

In your case, if the previous owner put his signature to exchange contracts, he actually signed for you to own everything inside and outside the property. From the contracts exchange day, everything belongs to you.

Yes. Even if the vendor is the last owner's Personal Representative, there is almost always a form TA10 listing Fittings and Contents. Each room's are shown as either included with the property (in its price); or excluded and to be removed by the vendor on or before completion; or excluded but available for purchase by separate negotiation; or non-existent.

I shall rephrase this. I've bought a house of which the owner had died ,there is some stuff in house I knew I could sell to recoup some costs but when I was at house a person claiming to be a relative of deceased person said some of the items belonged to them and wanted them back ,I've replied the house has been empty for 5 months so why have you not claimed them before now ? As far as I'm concerned all items in house now belong to me unless any person can prove different do they not?

The selling agents did offer to arrange to clear house out but I've said I will do it

Edited by rudds1

I shall rephrase this. I've bought a house of which the owner had died ,there is some stuff in house I knew I could sell to recoup some costs but when I was at house a person claiming to be a relative of deceased person said some of the items belonged to them and wanted them back ,I've replied the house has been empty for 5 months so why have you not claimed them before now ? As far as I'm concerned all items in house now belong to me unless any person can prove different do they not?

The selling agents did offer to arrange to clear house out but I've said I will do it

I would assume the items belong to you if contracts have been exchanged.........

My Bold

If you have bought the house it is yours, if any body tries to claim it refer them to your solicitor/conveyancer.

Worth remembering you're dealing with a bereaved family and the items were a bonus for you rather than something you explicitly purchased. I'd let them take the items and be happy with the joy experienced when doing a nice thing for another human.