Drum machine to synthetic via midi

Hi, I'm trying to play an up down arppegiator beat from alesis sr16 to a synthesizer but without success. Have tried master,slave and now very Frustrated! Any tips? Cheers.

If your new to all this the first thing to check is both devices are on the same midi channel?

Cheers joey crew.,all it seems to do is play a different note on each drum pad. I just want the timing to be in sync with the up -down arpeggiator, do I need a sync box? It's all a bit new to me.

Hi Paulo n, I have quite a bit of experience with drum m/c to DAW via midi. I split the bass onto a separate midi channel, sometimes further splitting the elements of the bass line into separate channels

I don't see how you can use notes from a drum machine and apply these to a arpeggiator,

as these notes may not relate to the chord being arpeggiated.

Are you using a pre set rythym or creating you own. If you can create your own pattern in separate midi channels in the drum m/c, then it may work by assigning these midi channels in the synth.