Somewhere else next year.

Sheffield

Jo Burg

Sheffield

Sao Paulo

Sheffield

Rojales Spain

Somewhere else next year.

Your list says Sheffield alternatively . . .

. . . Rojales now . .

. . . so somewhere next year . . has to be Sheffield .

Might it be Southey , Dave ?

If so . . . might meet up with you one day ! ! !

Your pal you never met .

Your list says Sheffield alternatively . . .

. . . Rojales now . .

. . . so somewhere next year . . has to be Sheffield .

Might it be Southey , Dave ?

If so . . . might meet up with you one day ! ! !

Your pal you never met .

Could be SHEFFIELD mate but not decided yet,30 years since I was last up Southey even though I still have reletives opposite North hill rd.

Love the north coast of Spain but not sure yet.

I think we will meet some day.

Could be SHEFFIELD mate but not decided yet,30 years since I was last up Southey even though I still have reletives opposite North hill rd.

Love the north coast of Spain but not sure yet.

I think we will meet some day.

Hi Dave

Looking forward some day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n2aMaMkDwTA

Done some speed work 6 -15 am this morning , not enough time for distance training

I normally do Sunday's , due to Fulham match.

Off to Hillsborough shortly with my lad to give the lads our vocal support on the Kop.

Take care pal ,sure you'll also be rigged out in Rojales for the lads, as always.

Mick.

Hi Dave

Looking forward some day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n2aMaMkDwTA

Done some speed work 6 -15 am this morning , not enough time for distance training

I normally do Sunday's , due to Fulham match.

Off to Hillsborough shortly with my lad to give the lads our vocal support on the Kop.

Take care pal ,sure you'll also be rigged out in Rojales for the lads, as always.

Mick.

I am originally from Wood seats,got married in 1973 and moved to Chesterfield, they still call me a de da.

S2

S4

S12

S8

Withington

Salford

Brooks Bar

Whalley Range

Chorlton-cum-Hardy

West Didsbury

Munich

S9

S13

Edited by Jim Hardie

I am originally from Wood seats,got married in 1973 and moved to Chesterfield, they still call me a de da.

Yes and they've some need to talk with their diction. Worked in Chesterfield, Bolsover and Staveley areas for years, Y'awright duck ? being heard many times a day. Nice people tho'.

S2

S4

S12

S8

Munich

S9

S13

No S6 Jim, for shame :o

---------- Post added 07-05-2017 at 19:30 ----------

Yes and they've some need to talk with their diction. Worked in Chesterfield, Bolsover and Staveley areas for years, Y'awright duck ? being heard many times a day. Nice people tho'.

My family moved to Staveley in 1968 a year after I left home and got married. My Mother was calling everybody duck within a few months. My younger brother has lived in Chesterfield since he was married in the early 80's, and deliberately avoids the duck word lol. His son was the same until he became landlord of the Royal Oak, now he ducks it with the best of them.

No S6 Jim, for shame :o

---------- Post added 07-05-2017 at 19:30 ----------

My family moved to Staveley in 1968 a year after I left home and got married. My Mother was calling everybody duck within a few months. My younger brother has lived in Chesterfield since he was married in the early 80's, and deliberately avoids the duck word lol. His son was the same until he became landlord of the Royal Oak, now he ducks it with the best of them.

Yes Mr.T. They had the quaint way of calling their football team 'Tarn' and calling mine 'Wenzdiz'.

Edited by stpetre
Add

hiya.

i moved to shropshire 2 years ago and took my sheffield language with me after 76 years in sheffield and i can't get out of the words we used back there, like only today i had a shave and a haircut and it just came out that i felt like a new scraped carrot, they looked at me gone out, like saturday i said about some new kacks, or a new bonce cover, today i had to explain when i said i'm not going out without my lambing gown on, now here is an exotic area, lol when they dun't spayke proper english,

Hi willybite - it's the same here in Lincolnshire. If I say "I'm gooin' ooam" they look at me gone out (but they might not understand "gone out"). And they have some odd words like "kelter" (tranklements), "grufted" (scruffy) and "waffy" (daft). But it's all good fun! :)

Yes Mr.T. They had the quaint way of calling their football team 'Tarn' and calling mine 'Wenzdiz'.

I think the duck thing is a Derbyshire thing generally. We had lots of relatives in Ilkeston and my aunts, never called me by name , it was always maduck. In fact my cousin, who is my age, drops me one from time to time when we talk on the phone. lol